Executive Office Technical Support Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 18 Feb 19
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB Application Opening Date: 25 January 2019
Application Closing Date: 21 February 2019
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
Executive Office Support team within Technology Infrastructure is responsible for providing on-site technical support for a variety of applications, system and hardware used by senior VIPs. This includes infrastructure build-out, hardware provisioning, asset management, troubleshooting, on-going support on both desktop hardware & software components, and multimedia event planning/support.
Design, engineer, deploy & lifecycle manage the firm's voice, multimedia systems, messaging platforms, desktop and productivity apps including; MS Exchange, perimeter gateways, MS Office, Outlook, Visio, Google docs, Trader voice platforms, call manager and Telepresence. The group ensures the resiliency, optimisation, security and protection of our systems and the delivery and management of the firm's robust product groups.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Provide technical support to VIP users
- Support Video Conference
- Ensure all production systems are fully operation during required office hours
- Identify and resolve points of failure in production systems, escalating to other Goldman Sachs technical staff, or third party software vendors as necessary
- Manage the lifecycle of all workplace equipment including procurement, scanning inventory, provisioning and disposal
- Partner with engineering team to manage all workplace related projects including pilot testing
- Continuously create, update, and publish documentation relating to existing and new procedures
- Workplace hardware and software support including desktop, laptop, blackberry, IOS, Android, market data, IPT
- Support Move, Adds and Changes
- Voice technology support including Cisco IPT, Voice recording, and Voicemail
- Provide after hours and weekend support for VIP users, change activities and checkouts. Need to support shift schedule from 7:30am-6pm, including some weekends
- Required physical lift and shift of workplace hardware including PCs, Monitors and other equipment
- Handle vendor management and invoice processing
- Handle data copy requests
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Strong academic record with Bachelor's degree, equivalent or above in Computer Science, Engineering, Technology of a related discipline required
- Prior investment banking/financial services industry experience required
- Experience in working globally with multiple teams
- Demonstrable experience in tracking incidents and resolution required
- Experience with user account creation and access/privilege management required
- Demonstrable involvement with service/process improvement initiatives required
- Fundamental networking skills, including routing protocols required
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows desktop, Active Directory, Market Data, VDI, VM required
- Familiarity with mobile technologies such as Blackberries and configuration of various product requisites (laptop etc.) required
- Exposure to troubleshooting issues related to Routers and switches
- Experience in supporting client / server based software applications required
- User/client and application support experience (remotely and onsite) required
- Familiarity with C/C++, Java, VB, SQL required
- Excellent client service orientation, strong analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2019. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.