Executive Office, International Management, London, Analyst
The Executive Office plays an integral role in setting and advancing Goldman Sachs' corporate strategy, and in preserving the firm's distinctive culture. We are responsible for safeguarding the firm's relationship with alumni, clients, shareholders, policy makers, and the broader public, while ensuring that our own people remain informed about the firm's evolving priorities. We also partner with the businesses to source high-impact opportunities in line with the firm's social and sustainability agendas.
Within the Executive Office in London, the International Management team's primary function is to support the CEO of Goldman Sachs International, whose leadership responsibilities cover all of the firm's businesses outside of North America, with a particular focus on Europe, the Middle East and Africa. The team supports the CEO in a number of ways: developing and delivering their client engagement strategy; executing strategic initiatives; preparing analysis, presentation material and management reporting; and supporting the firm's governance in the region through the Goldman Sachs International and Goldman Sachs International Bank boards of directors, and the European Management Committee.
The role requires close collaboration with other teams within the Executive Office (for example Media Relations, Internal Communications, Global Marketing, Government Affairs and the Office of Corporate Engagement) as well as with other revenue producing and Federation divisions across the firm's geographic footprint. HOW YOU WILL FULFIL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Supporting the EMEA CEO in the development and execution of their client engagement strategy, including client targeting exercises, planning client trips and events, as well as producing associated briefing materials
• Producing written materials and talking points for senior leaders to present to internal and external audiences
• Supporting the Secretary to the Goldman Sachs International and Goldman Sachs International Bank boards of directors in managing the content and logistics process for their regular meetings
• Project managing and supporting the execution of regional strategic initiatives
• Providing regular updates on firm performance, key regional metrics and relevant news to inform senior leadership in the region
• Developing working relationships with counterparts in other teams in the Executive Office and other divisions across the firm to ensure close coordination SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Strong academic record with Bachelor's level or equivalent required
• Highly motivated, self-starter, with first rate organisational skills, including the ability to work efficiently under pressure and meet multiple, competing deadlines
• Demonstrated interest in and understanding of the financial sector and related current affairs, ideally specific to Goldman Sachs' businesses and the services we provide to clients
• Proven analytical skills with high attention to detail
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills, including the ability to articulate and describe complex issues in a precise manner
• Must be an effective team player
• Any of the following previous experiences would enhance an individual's candidacy for the role: preparing presentation materials and speaking points for senior executives; working closely alongside senior executives; managing projects or events; writing communications for senior or broader audiences
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity