Executive Director, Strategic Platform Partnerships
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Business Development in CCIB Digital Channels and Data Analytics, serves as a single client-facing Centre of Excellence to support Sales and RM teams with digital solution design (ensuring products and platforms meet client needs), as well as strategic partnership development (building out third-party capabilities) to enable superior digital outcomes for clients and SCB across CCIB Business verticals.
CCIB Business Development comprises of Digital Client Solutions, Strategic Digital Partnerships, and Platform Partnerships teams.
Platform Partnerships will drive sourcing, evaluation, commercial agreements, and solutioning for Platforms across CCIB Digital.
You will be part of the senior Business Development team together with Global Head of Digital Client Solutions and Strategic Partnerships and work closely with the other CCIB Digital teams.
Core to the role will be close collaboration with key business stakeholders across FM, TB, GB as well as Operations and Technology & ensuring alignment around clear objectives, and excellence in selection, integration, and operation of new platforms. Through leadership in platform selection and integration you will support and enable CCIB Business and product lines to reach their strategic and commercial objectives, fully aligned to CCIB Digital and CCIB wide strategy and goals.
Clear objectives and targets to drive overall digitization and support business vertical increase enabled revenue, increased margins, addressable wallet and wallet share through superior client outcomes.
You and your team will have a key role in driving the digital transformation of the bank primarily through an ambitious agenda to expanding addressable wallet, margins, and growing market share across CCIB businesses through 3 rd party platform selection and integrations.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and evaluations of partnership opportunities with potential impact at scale across CCIB product universe (TB, FM, GB)
- Focus on impact across three dimensions: client acquisition, wallet share, and new digital capabilities.
- Work closely with and support Business stakeholders in ensuring that partnerships are aligned to CCIB and Business strategy and objectives.
- Benchmarking existing and new partnerships against peer group.
- Act as CoE for CCIB for Partnerships by developing standard framework (playbook) for sourcing, evaluation, commercial negotiations, governance and risk.
- Work close will CCIB Digital Channel and Innovation unit in solutioning and product development for strategic platforms and 3 rd party capability integration.
- Benchmark CoE structure against peer group. Target industry leadership.
- Secure and align appropriate internal resources in close corporation with Channels and Innovation team, Technology, and relevant business/product stakeholders.
- Manage internal and partners timelines for build and integration in close corporation the Channels and Innovation team and Technology.
- Track performance of live partnerships with explicit KPIs.
- Manage partnership pipeline against explicit targets and KPIs.
- Manage a team of Digital Partnership deal leads with clear responsibilities around business segments aligned to overall CCIB Digital strategy.
- Systematically manage, track, and report on partnership pipelines and live deal streams.
- Work closely with CCIB Digital Channel and Data Analytics MT and teams in delivering the overall Digital Strategy.
- Through best in class partnership selection and integration help CCIB Digital and CCIB Business stakeholders, alongside other key stakeholders, drive digital transformation and establish Standard Chartered as the leading digital banking platform providing services to our Network powering global trade, commerce and financial services to companies around the world.
People and Talent
- You are expected to partner effectively with stakeholders both inside CCIB Digital Channels and Data Analytics as well as across businesses and functions. You are a team player.
- You will engage actively with the front line, sales, product, implementation & client management, legal, compliance, operations, and technology teams.
- Through thought leadership and collaborative approach, you will effectively support and enable business outcomes for clients and business stakeholders.
You take a proactive approach to risk management and on an ongoing basis will be identifying, assessing, monitoring, mitigating risks related to platform selection and integration.
You will work with regional and in-country teams to ensure that platforms are compliant with any relevant legal and regulatory requirements and risks.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Platform Partnerships team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- FM Sales & Trading, Client Coverage, Transaction Banking and various internal divisions (IT, Operations, Legal, etc).
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Masters degree in business-related subjects
- Relevant experience with a proven track record of working in the commercialization or management consulting
- Deep understanding of wholesale banking domain with a profound ability to conceive and transform end-to-end processes.
- Strong business acumen, ability to understand business needs, translate into data analytics use cases and drive adoption and mindset transformation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Capable to deliver well-structured communication and presentation of complicated business concepts
- Team oriented, goals oriented, and flexible with proven record in collaborating with multiple stakeholders and driving results, specially via influence management
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions. Important Note
: We are looking for candidates that align to our culture and values, which are an important part of who we are and what we stand for as an organisation. To be considered as a candidate, you will be required to complete a Culture Fit Assessment - this is an online assessment of your alignment and behavioral fit to our culture. The test takes approximately 30 minutes to completes and is mandatory.
Should you not complete this assessment, you will be considered as not meeting the requirement of the role.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.