- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Executive Director Market Advocacy, Securities Services
- Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Executive Director Market Advocacy, Securities ServicesAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Purpose
To provide strategic oversight and direction of regulatory change; to manage and influence regulatory changes where possible and appropriate; to generate a high profile for SCB in the securities services industry, to be seen as a go-to source of knowledge & analysis within the industry and in particular to build a reputation for high-quality consultative analysis with clients.
Role Location: London, Singapore or Hong Kong
The Role Responsibilities
- Monitor industry developments, in particular in the regulatory environment & identify developments of key importance to the SS business. Focus will be on supra-national regulations (eg 17f-5, 17f-7, AIFMD, UCITS, EMIR, CASS, MIFID etc) as well as domestic regulations.
- Together with global, regional and country product heads (as appropriate), analyse likely impact of changes on SCB and its clients (threats and opportunities) and communicate accordingly to clients.
- In agreement with senior management, establish a "house" position for SCB on major regulatory changes and establish contact with relevant regu;atory bodies or industry groups to promote the SCB viewpoint, especially where regulations are in draft form and input is invited. Work with clients and, where there is common interest, competitors to take a leading role to establish industry positions on the regulatory agenda.
- Prepare industry position papers for distribution to clients which clearly outline SCB's position on issues and progress made in influencing the regulatory agenda. Establish SCB as thought leader.
- Spearhead the regulatory and market development dialogue with clients & regulators. Be recognised as a market expert and a positive force in representing the industry view. Represent Standard Chartered at forums, speaking at conferences, and lobbying regulatory bodies as appropriate.
- Work with country and regional heads to set out an agenda for market advocacy in the local markets, including opportunities for pro-active market improvements. Maintain regular dialogue with SS country heads to monitor and manage the market advocacy agenda in-country.
- Educate and position BAM & Sales people to engage clients in meaningful discussions on regulatory change. In conjunction with BAM, engage with clients directly where appropriate.
- Identify opportunities to commercialise (directly or indirectly) the market advocacy work undertaken by SCB.
- Make contributions to industry awards/pitches, setting out SCB's record of market influence.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.