Executive Director, Macro Product Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities: Strategy
- Demonstrate expertise in at least one of FX, FXO, STIRT or IRD industry trends from market's, client's, technology's and regulatory standpoints
- Understand the SCB FM e-Commerce strategy to align the product development and prioritisation
- Understand and account for the Bank's strategic strengths and weaknesses in developing the product strategy
- Work with selected businesses to define client, product and technology strategy.
- Collect, specify and prioritise requirements across businesses.
- Operate as an interface between IT teams and the business.
- Align projects and approaches across businesses. Ensuring that cross cutting concerns are communicated across all projects.
People and Talent
- Exercise all supervisory responsibilities as outlined in the FM Code of Conduct.
- Ensure adherence to all internal and external regulations. Ensure that the business meets its obligations the prevention of money laundering under the Group Policy and Standards and under local laws and regulations.
- Ensure that there are appropriate and documented internal controls and procedures in place. Monitor the operation of such procedures and controls and regularly review them to ensure that they reflect any changes in products, systems, policy and regulations
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations amongst colleagues and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Ensure active communication of vision, priorities and progress to the business to foster engagement, awareness and motivation
- Contribute to continuous process improvement and sharing best practice.
- Lead and reinforce strategic change and ensure the organisation structure and people programs are aligned and geared towards supporting change
- Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring, controlling and mitigating risks to the Group. Also, an awareness and understanding of the main risks facing the Group and the role the individual plays in managing them
- Embed Operational Risk monitoring as an integral part of the business process. Towards this, to effectively carry out the assigned role, if any, under Compliance Risk Management and Operational Risk Management Assurance
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Awareness and understanding of the regulatory framework in which the Group operates, and the regulatory requirements and expectations relevant to the role.
- Willingness to 'speak up' in the event of any realised or perceived breach of group conduct rules or laws by colleagues
- Willingness to work with any local regulators in an open and cooperative manner.
- Promote an environment where compliance with internal control functions and the external regulatory is a central priority of the FXO business
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the Credit Sales team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Adherence to code of conduct prescribed by FCA
- Head, Macro Product Management
- Macro Trading Desk Heads
- Internal & External Clients
- IT project managers
- Demonstrate Here for good and Group's brand and values in daily behaviour
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
- Relevant experience in product management
- Previous exposure to rate derivatives & trading
- Solid experience in electronic trading
- People management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.