Executive Director, Insurance Europe
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
Leading the way in International Banking. We support the people and companies driving investment, trade and wealth creation across Asia, Africa and the Middle East. And our heritage and values are expressed in our brand promise - here for good. See our Brand and Values
The role comprises:
Development and implementation of the Banking Services strategy for the portfolio of Insurance clients within the Europe region to ensure that:
* Financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, debt charge, RoRWA goals, etc) are met.
* All other objectives for the management and development of the portfolio of Insurance clients are met, specifically compliance (AML) related documentation.
Ensuring - across the Insurance Business segment within the Europe region:
* Objectives across the regional/country teams are aligned and owned locally.
* Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
* Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
* That key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the FI team
Maximising the client related opportunities:
* Ensuring that the client base is prioritized and account plans are in place for key relationships.
* Ensure calling plans are directed towards maximizing client revenues.
* Ensuring that opportunities are taken to lead Client calls where relevant opportunities exist.
* Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
* Provide leadership in engagement with key clients and industry participants
* Ensure that key management standards of business are understood and fully complied with and are embedded in the culture of the business.
* Ensure that key risks relevant to the Insurance business are identified, are appropriately managed and are understood by FI Management globally.
* Together with the Head of Insurance, Europe develop and regularly review the aspiration and strategies for the business regionally. Seek new opportunities to develop and grow them in line with the aspiration and strategies, within the framework of a prudent and well-managed risk environment.
* Review regularly performance (financial and non financial) and issues in the Insurance segment.
* Ensure good governance is maintained at all times.
* Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, not only responding to requests for advice, but where appropriate taking the initiative in volunteering advice the need for which may not have been appreciated.
Key Skills and experience:
* Superior insurance industry knowledge including a strong technical experience
* Experience of client relationship banking sales and marketing with the ability to access senior decision makers ideally including CFO, COO, CIO, Treasury staff and BD head
* Ability to lead a multi product cross border transaction with demonstrable track record
* Good administration skills including organisation, planning and co-ordination skills
* Good analytical skills and ability to review complex models and understand key risks associated with an opportunity
* Working knowledge of Transaction Banking and Financial Markets products with emphasis on the more complex product aspects
* University degree with strong academic background and continuing education.
* Highly motivated with positive energy with the potential and desire to lead a diverse team in the future
* Effective communication skills both written and oral with internal and external stakeholders
* Strong understanding of regulatory and compliance obligations