Executive Director, Global Subsidiaries Group
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Feb 18 2018-02-12
The Global Subsidiaries Group has full accountability for managing inbound client relationships commonly referred to as the network, across the respective region. The Regional Account Manager role involves relationship coverage of the European overseas offices of our Global Banking clients.
The Global Subsidiaries Group has full accountability for managing inbound client relationships commonly referred to as the network, across the respective region. The Regional Account Manager role involves relationship coverage of the European overseas offices of our Global Banking clients, coordination with product partners on developing and executing origination strategies, oversight in managing client service levels, and oversight of the interaction between the FAMs, RAMs and Corridor FAMs with all risk and control functions including Risk Management, legal & Compliance, FCC, Business Finance and Operations.
The individual will be expected to have active engagement and high level ('c' suite) contacts with senior executives within clients. Compliance with the highest standards of Regulatory and Business Conduct, and compliance practices as defined by internal and external requirements which includes local banking laws, other applicable laws, and anti money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions regulations and guidelines is essential together with the highest standards of ethics.
The key stakeholders include the Global Subsidiaries Management Team, the Region Heads of Global Banking, Country Global Banking Heads, the relevant Regional and Country CEOs, and the relevant Regional and Country product heads.
- Lead the development and implementation of the client strategy for the designated portfolio as identified through the Account Planning process
- Accountability for delivering financial performance objectives (revenues, costs, RoRWA, etc)
- Accountability for all other objectives for the management and development of client relationships, specifically compliance (AML, CDD) and credit risk.
- Actively originate new business and grow the franchise by capitalising on bank competitive attributes (eg Network, Transaction Banking etc), whilst selectively developing new relationships where required.
- Engage senior management and decision makers of key clients to improve the quality of dialogue with clients, promoting a move away from 'transactional' reactive client coverage to consistent value added partner/trusted advisor status. Anticipate clients' needs and provide strategic advice, bringing in the relevant product and industry partners as appropriate.
- Maximise the profitable revenue to the Bank whilst maintaining focus on client outcomes, strengthening and deepening existing relationships both at the most senior level as well as at the operating level in the clients in the designated portfolio.
- Professionally represent Standard Chartered within region and internationally.
- Bring strategic thought to how the corporate landscape regionally/globally is changing and where areas of international growth lie.
- Ensure that industry and product knowledge is continually developed.
- Stay abreast and anticipate the developments of the Industries in which our clients operate
- Proactively manage the designated client portfolio to ensure:
- Close ties exist with key stakeholders eg. Financial Markets, Transaction Banking, Corporate Finance Risk, Country CEOs, Service Delivery, etc.
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed.
- The client portfolio is managed in compliance with the regulatory environment, keeping up to date with applicable changes and Group policies with ability to contribute to policy formulation
- Key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the IC team
- All sales disciplines are adhered in accordance with IC/CIB standards ie Account Planning, Call Reports, Deal Pipeline Management
- Develop opportunities through attendance at key Industry events as necessary.
People and Talent
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
- Take the initiative regarding regulatory, reputational and ethical matters, taking the initiative for providing proactive advice to clients as identified.
- Ensure that key regulatory risks and concerns are raised into the governance framework throughout the Corporate teams
Key Qualifications and experience
- Preferred Bachelor degree in Banking or Finance, with Post Graduate learning.
- Preferred experience in banking
- Risk & AML certified as stipulated by Bank policy (incl. CCC / C6 mandatory)
- A proven history of developing and training bankers under the person's charge.
- A successful record of working with senior stakeholders.
- Manage Conduct , Risk Management and Internal Controls.