Executive Director - M&A Advisory
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Dartmouth Partners
- 23 May 19
Based in The City of London, this is a key role within the M&A Advisory Team at Executive Director or Director level within this well-respected Investment Bank. The team has an EMEA focus and broad sector approach including industrials, automotive, chemicals, technology and MEDTECH.
Our client is well-respected investment bank with a global footprint. The bank provides investment banking products across EMEA and the Merger and Acquisition Advisory Team works to provide cross‐border M&A Advisory Services in Europe to clients, specifically, the M&A advisory team will work for clients including corporate clients and private equity sponsors on the buy‐side to help acquire assets or stakes and on the sell‐side to help divest assets or sell stakes, to raise equity and/or introduce an equity partner, to facilitate a transaction or other strategic objectives. This role contributes to the building and expanding the business for the M&A team.
- The origination and execution of cross‐border M&A transactions in EMEA.
- Working closely with the Head Office Team in Tokyo in all aspects of M&A.
- Conducting and overseeing extensive financial valuation analyses including company specific analysis, including: company profiles; credit history, reviews/credit agency overviews; management profiles and market updates.
- Providing industry analysis, including trends, characteristics, competitive landscape and
- potential acquisition opportunities for clients
- Overseeing the preparation of all relevant documentation related to the Merger or Acquisition
- Play a leadership role within the team and provide guidance, direction and development for more inexperienced members of the team
- A strong track record of successful origination and execution of advising cross‐border M&A transactions.
- A broad range of sector exposure is useful, in particular, industrials, chemicals, automotive / machinery and MEDTECH.
- Able to demonstrate a strong knowledge and understanding of the regulatory and legal
- environment in which the business operates.
- Understanding of Japanese culture and experience of working within a multi‐cultural business a plus.
- Confidence and skills to influence and negotiate at all levels, communicating with European targets, clients, investment bankers, financial sponsors and peers in International Offices.
- Additional European languages will be welcome.
- Ability to develop and mentor junior team members, through the sharing of knowledge and experience and identifying developmental opportunities
- Ability to analyse highly complex financial data and large volumes of information, forecast