Executive, Complex Securities, UKI - TAS - VME - London
Executive - Complex Securities - Valuations, Modelling and Economics - UKI - TAS - London
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We're looking for an Executive to join our team because we are experiencing tremendous growth across the team. The opportunity
EY's VME team is looking to expand its existing Complex Securities business to capture exciting opportunities. As a result, we are looking for an Executive
with strong financial engineering skills to help grow our team.
We use quantitative finance skills to assist in the Valuation and Modelling of Complex Securities such as:
- Options, Warrants,
- FX and Interest Rate and Commodity Derivatives,
- Preferred & Common Stock, Performance Awards,
- Convertible Notes, Debt and Related Embedded Derivatives,
- Loan Portfolios and Contingent Considerations,
- Complex long-term commodity contracts.
We also assist clients with quantification and management of financial risk through numerical techniques such as simulation and optimisation.
VME work provides the opportunity for a variety of assignments, from office-based to client-based work; assignments that lasts a couple of days to assignments working as part of a multi-disciplinary team over long periods. The nature of the work is project based and covers a spectrum of industries and asset classes. As no two projects are the same, the work requires a high level of adaptability, flexibility and innovation. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Carry out valuations of complex financial products and derivatives.
- Collect and analyse financial market data and time series.
- Develop solutions for clients based on sound quantitative models.
- Prepare and present reports to support these analyses and solutions.
- Review complex quantitative models developed by clients or third parties.
- Assist senior consulting staff with statistical and analytic support.
- Work within available budgets and tight timelines while keeping the assignment manager updated with progress.
Suitable applicants will be highly numerate and analytical graduates, preferably with an MSc or PhD in financial mathematics or a highly numerate subject.
Candidates will have experience of modelling securities and derivative instruments, and applying financial engineering techniques in a practical setting. They understand the fundamentals of valuation, prepare an independent analysis, and explain the rationale behind the chosen approach. The experience will have been gained in financial services, consultancy or in a relevant role in industry, with demonstrable problem solving skills. To qualify for the role you must have
Applicants will need to demonstrate strong technical modelling or programming skills, including knowledge of Excel and VBA, and/or other programming tools such as MATLAB, Python or R.
In addition, they will be able to deliver to demanding deadlines, be a team player and possess good communication skills, with the ability to communicate the essence of complex models and concepts to less technical personnel and clients. Ideally, you'll also have
What we look for
- Derivative and fixed income markets.
- IFRS 9 / IFRS 13 and other accounting standards relating to the measurement of financial instruments and derivatives.
- IFRS 2 and other accounting standards relating to share-based payments and employee incentives.
- Pricing commodity and energy market derivatives.
- Simulation techniques in financial engineering and economics
What working at EY offers
- A logical approach to complex problem solving;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Responsive to client requests for information or guidance;
- Adaptable and flexible to work on a wide range of assignments;
- Attention to detail and a keen desire to drill down into the key issues;
- Strong teaming and team-building skills.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. About TAS
By helping organizations of all sizes evaluate and navigate transactions, maximizing opportunities and minimizing risks, you will help your clients manage and execute high-profile transactions. You'll bring your analytical skills and real-world experience to diverse situations and unique problems. By appreciating your clients' overall objectives and understanding how transactions can influence an organization's success, you'll assess and navigate risks, and balance them against potential rewards If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Make your mark. Apply now. Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.