Executive - Restructuring (Pensions Covenant Advisory)
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Apr 19
Executive - Restructuring (Pensions Covenant Advisory) Location: London Salary: Competitive
The Pension Covenant Advisory team (PCA) sits within the Restructuring team, advising different stakeholders in relation to defined benefit pension schemes. The pension scheme sits as a creditor to the sponsoring company, which is why the PCA team sits within Restructuring in Creditor Advisory. The team advises on a number of different scenarios such as corporate transactions, annual and triennial reviews, monitoring, negotiations and dealings with the Pensions Regulator. In light of recent transactions, such as the BHS sale for £1 with a large pension deficit, the Regulator has taken a more active approach to defined benefit pension schemes, which has resulted in a growing business and team. Whilst the majority of the team is based in London, the team has presence around the UK, in Scotland, Manchester and Birmingham.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a PCA Executive, you will make a technical contribution to engagements, which will vary depending on the scope. This will involve working in small engagement teams to produce our reporting deliverable, which will vary in terms of output and presentation, depending on which stakeholder you are engaged with. This provides a large degree of variety within a typical working week. As a PCA Executive, you will continue to develop skills in commercial and financial analysis, transaction exposure and the ability to evaluate the impact of corporate decisions. As an influential member of the team, you will help to create a positive learning culture and will coach and counsel junior team members and help them develop.
Skills and Attributes for Success
- Display a high level of commercial acumen, and an awareness of the key drivers of performance
- Able to perform detailed financial analysis based on historical data
- Proficient in detailed financial and commercial analysis and able to identify potential areas of sensitivity
- Able to identify key issues on assignments and suggest workable solutions
- Experienced in presenting findings clearly in reports and other deliverables to clients
- Work effectively as a team member sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Prepare analysis and reports supporting the covenant advisory assignment as required to be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with management and workforce of the target business as well as its stakeholders
To qualify for the role you must have
- Professional accountancy qualification
- At least 1 year post qualified experience within recognised financial advisory team
- Many of our strong performers have moved from other disciplines (Audit, Transaction Support, Forensic (FIDS)) and have experience of investigations and high-pressured situations
- The ability to build strong internal relationships within the PCA and Restructuring and across other services
Ideally, you'll also have
- Previous experience within a Pensions-specific environment
- The ability to contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining professionals and other TAS wide policies
- The ambition to build a network of contacts with work providers
- Clear and confident presentation skills
What we look for
We are looking for candidates who are highly motivated, driven, and have a passion to be part of a fast-paced, successful transaction team. Being a strong team player is also important as well as someone who is happy to work flexibly throughout a period a growth within Restructuring.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
Who we are:
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.