Execution Trader - Fixed Income (AVP)
- Depends on skills set and experience
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- GIC (London) Private Limited
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
GIC (London) Private Limited are looking for a high-touch, analytical fixed income execution trader for the London Office.
The role is with the Global Trading Unit (GTU), which sits within the Portfolio Exectuion Group (PEG) and is responsible for the implementation of GIC’s investment decisions across all public markets. GTU’s two main objectives are to provide specialist trading services to all GIC investment units and to harvest and deliver differentiated market intelligence useful to the investment process.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our GTU Fixed Income Trading team as a Trader based in London.
- Work collaboratively with global Portfolio Managers to execute fixed income trades across a variety of asset classes including Developed Market OTC Rates & Derivatives, Corporate Credit Bonds & CDS, FX Options and Emerging Markets Local Currency Rates.
- Build and maintain internal partnerships; and communicate relevant and insightful market information to the various investment teams.
- Develop and maintain a strong external network to facilitate best execution and market intelligence.
- Work with the GTU Trading Research team to develop and refine infrastructure for measuring and monitoring execution costs.
- Achieve quantifiable and sustainable improvements in execution costs.
- European markets will be a core focus but will be required to cover US/Latam and Asian markets on a backup basis as well.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Around 2 to 4 years fixed income experience as an execution trader on the institutional buy-side. Multi-asset class experience is not required but must demonstrate solid knowledge of at least one relevant asset class. This is a relatively junior role.
- Familiar with the microstructure of the European fixed income markets, and ideally conversant with common execution platforms such as Tradeweb and MarketAxess.
- Good working knowledge of Transaction Cost Analysis (TCA) and other execution analytics and able to incorporate these into daily trading activities to demonstrate quantifiable best execution.
- Comfortable working with data, with strong analytical skills and able to draw out sound market implications from a myriad of information flow.
- A good team-player, with a keen eye for details.
- Ability to work with people at different levels through active relationship building and collaboration.
- Intellectually curious, with strong oral and written communication skills and a desire to drive the business forward.