Execution Consulting Intern
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- Exane BNP Paribas
- 25 Apr 19
We are looking for smart, curious, creative people to join our Execution Consulting Team on a 6 month internship.
The Exane group is one of the leading independent financial market players in Europe and is active in three core businesses: Cash Equities, Derivatives and Asset Management.
Since 2004, the Cash Equities business has been underpinned by an operational partnership with BNP Paribas: Exane has
exclusivity on European equities and operates under the brand Exane BNP Paribas. With around 50 professionals in Sales Trading & Trading and 50 in Quant and Execution Technology, Exane BNP Paribas is one of the fastest growing pan-European execution franchises for institutional clients.
Exane BNP Paribas offers a top class execution product range including cutting edge electronic trading algorithms, facilitation, high touch trading, program trading and ETFs. On the advisory side, Exane BNP Paribas’s 100 analysts cover over 600 stocks and are ranked 1st in Europe in the 2018 and 2017 Extel Survey, having been 2nd in 2016 and 3rd in 2015. Exane BNP Paribas has offices in Frankfurt, Geneva, London, Madrid, Milan, New York, Paris, Singapore and Stockholm.
The Execution Consulting team works with clients to optimise their execution strategies, advise on appropriate algorithm and parameter selection and conduct market microstructure research. The team is also responsible for building trade analysis tools and performance metrics related to execution quality, alongside the quant and IT teams.
The main duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
Duties and responsibilities
• Designing and generating data extracts for TCA and market microstructure research
• Delivering enhancements to the Execution Consulting data analytics and tools platform
• Conducting detailed transaction cost analysis and providing clients with actionable insights on their flow, in close
collaboration with the sales trading and quant teams
• Providing clients with regular feedback on how the algorithms are performing against their execution criteria
• Suggesting improvements to the trading algorithms
• Quantitative academic background to Masters level (for instance in disciplines such as Maths, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science)
• C++, R and SQL and Tableau experience desirable
• Experience manipulating and using large amounts of real-world data
• Attention to detail and creativity
• Strong written and client facing communications skills
• Data science and statistical experience desirable