Exec. Mgr, Product Management
Job Title :
Global Head of Network Management / Internal Payments Product Owner Department:
Treasury Services Location:
New York City, London, Frankfurt Who we are:
For over 235 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $16.5 billion in revenues and a 23% return on tangible common equity.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including:
What we do:
- Managing the custody of approximately $37 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates
- Investing approximately $2 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes
- Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise
- Serving family offices and high net worth individuals through our wealth management franchise
- Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers
- Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions
- Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers
Provide a broad range of market leading payment services to internal and external clients of BNY Mellon JOB DESCRIPTION:
The role has two primary responsibilities, it will lead the Network Management function for the Treasury Services business and be the primary product owner supporting other internal BNY Mellon lines of business related to their payment needs. The Network Management component will be focused on managing the relationships with nostro provider banks and work with the shared service team on managing the effectiveness of the nostro network. As product owner, the role will be supporting other internal lines of business. The position will engage across the company to understand line of business needs, share best practices in payment processing, and work with core product owners on establishing enterprise payment solutions. An expectation of the role will be to develop strategy. Identify staffing needs, and build a team to support the position.
Sets strategy and vision for the function and has oversight of the full complement of products within a key segment. Drives related strategies across a diverse combination of industry segments and global and domestic geographies. Sets the strategy and vision for the development of a variety of products and product lines and works with senior leaders to ensure functional strategies tie to business unit objectives. Leads and directs staff in building the business case for firm offerings in the marketplace and ensures that the team stays on top of the competitive landscape and the industry environment. In collaboration with senior leaders, determines the key products of strategic importance to the firm and the long term goals for the function. Manages and leverages the financial growth and profitability of all products to sell to internal audiences and clients. Executes the setting and vision for a product set involving multiple products, tracks, manages and leverages financial data, uses marketing principles to sell to internal audiences and clients. Ensures that product aligns with business direction and manages the product development process. Ensures implementation across all global products. Defines, develops and guides the overall strategic positioning and targeted client segments for all products. Collaborates with peer managers in Relationship Management/Business Development/Account Management and Marketing teams to ensure alignment and clarity as to how to manage, develop and promote the product or business. Responsible for ensuring that all work conducted by subordinate team aligns necessary regulatory requirements. Assists staff in navigating Risk, Legal or Compliance requirements. Drives product related strategies across a diverse combination of industry segments and global and domestic geographies. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Provides feedback at the most critical times. Manages multiple teams. Work is accomplished through subordinate managers. Develops and oversees the achievement of functional objectives and ensures they reflect and support business unit objectives. Manages the financial and human resources for the function. Qualifications QUALIFICATIONS:
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 15 plus years of total work experience with at least 5-7 years in management preferred.
- Securities or financial services experience preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
United Kingdom-Greater London-London Job:
General Mgmt / Admin Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: