Events Project Executive - wavespace - FSO - AIBD - Permanent - London
wavespace London is our collaborative event design and delivery centre in Canary Wharf. It is part of the global network of wavespace growth and innovation centres. We combine proven collaboration methodologies and state-of-the-art technology to reinvent the way we define our clients' problems and help them answer their big questions. Events in wavespace bring key people together to gain new perspectives, generate intent and accelerate complex transformations.
The role will also offer the successful candidate the opportunity to work alongside our most senior clients, across a portfolio of short, fast paced projects (typically 4-6 weeks) that culminate in a collaborative event. You will work across the business (FSO and UKI) and across service lines, gaining exposure to a broad range of senior client discussions regarding strategic business challenges.
You will have a broad spectrum of expertise, including existing experience in the majority of the skills below and an appetite to develop further. Your Key Responsibilities
The role of the project manager is to provide a seamless experience for our clients in the design and delivery of wavespace events. Working alongside our Event Producers and Directors, the Project Manager is responsible for:
- Creation of project plans and co-ordination of all preparatory activities e.g. setting up design meetings, liaising with the account team and client on areas such as content, participants and catering
- Participating in design conversations with clients and account teams
- Providing coaching on how best to work in the centre and leverage the technology
- Building your event design skills with a view to taking full end-to-end responsibility for the design and delivery of smaller events
- Creating great quality 'outputs' that capture the journey and insights from the event
You will also contribute to the continued development of the centre, and can choose to support areas such as methodology development, wavespace brand and marking and building the pipeline. Skills and attributes for success:
What we look for:
- Project management / event management / PMO experience
- Foundation core consulting skills, trained in a 'Big 4' (or equivalent) environment
- Strong stakeholder management and communications skills
- Strong emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- An interest in leading practice collaborative event design and delivery techniques
- Confidence with ambiguity, and ability to adapt to new challenges with an understanding of the end goal
- Preferred: Interest and/or experience in design (e.g communications, thinking, visualising, prototyping etc.)
What working at EY offers:
- Has been involved in 3-5 projects or events and can demonstrate experience of owning significant portions of the project or event management life cycle (e.g. writing plans, organising logistics, tracking actions, managing risks, coordinating stakeholders etc.)
- Good stakeholder management, communications and influencing skills, including the ability to work with client stakeholders to gain support for events / initiatives, and the ability to adapt communications style as appropriate
- Strong emphasis on team, including contribution to team building initiatives
- Experience contributing to one or more practice development initiatives, such as brand & marketing, knowledge management, operations, team building etc.
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance. About EY:
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a b etter working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.