- Contract, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 22 Feb 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Market Rate
- Full time
Events Manager - Wealth Management - Fixed Term Contract
Overview of role The Events Manager is responsible for the management and co-ordination of events for the Wealth Management business, including corporate sponsorship and hospitality from the initial concept through to the logistics stage. The role will report directly to the Events Team Leader. TheOverview of role
The Events Manager is responsible for the management and co-ordination of events for the Wealth Management business, including corporate sponsorship and hospitality from the initial concept through to the logistics stage. The role will report directly to the Events Team Leader. The role involves managing a number events from the idea stage through to completion within the agreed deadlines and budget. All events must be delivered within the regulatory framework, whilst adhering to the corporate brand and style guidelines.
This role requires the building of relationships with many other areas of the business including client-facing portfolio managers, the business development team in all locations and various other internal stakeholders including compliance, legal and the wider marketing team.
Main duties and responsibilities
- To organise and manage internal and external events including investment seminars, corporate hospitality, sponsorship events, road shows and regional events for the Wealth Management business.
- Maintain up to date records of event attendance. Ensure all information is fed into the events database.
- Project manage individual events from concept to completion including venue search and negotiation, AV/Staging, speakers/entertainment sourcing, invitations/RSVP, logistics at the event.
- Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that the appropriate collateral is prepared and delivered on time, accurately and to brand.
- Maintain and manage events budget.
- Record Schroders Health & Safety, risk assessment and insurance responsibilities for compliance purposes.
- Manage invite process from start to finish.
- Maintain knowledge and database of relevant suppliers, including venues and caterers etc.
- Manage presentation content, in conjunction with speakers, for events and ensure it’s compliant for the relevant audience.
- Extensive and in-depth events experience ideally with financial services/wealth management.
- Knowledge and understanding of event strategy implementation and their respective phases (planning, execution and follow up)
- Able to demonstrate successful delivery of events.
- Ability to take ownership and work proactively to ensure the success of the events
- Ability to demonstrate digital conference knowledge
- Ability to work closely with stakeholders to create event content
- Have excellent attention to detail and be meticulous in reviewing conference.
- Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- You will be a team player with strong communication skills – able to identify priorities as well as risks within your own and others’ projects.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects to tight deadlines.
- Ability to use own initiatives and work effectively alone or as a member of the wider team
- Excellent knowledge of event registration systems
- Be passionate about the events you produce and are proud to deliver these to all levels of the business.
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Hard working, professional, organised, strong interpersonal and verbal/ written communication skills.