Events Manager - Wealth Management
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an Events Manager to join our Wealth Management division, known as Cazenove Capital.
The Events Manager is responsible for the management of events for the Wealth Management business, including conferences, seminars, corporate sponsorship and hospitality from the initial concept through to the logistics stage.
The role will report directly to the Head of Events. The role involves managing a number of events from the idea stage through to completion within the agreed deadlines and budget. The role requires the individual to build strong relationships with the wider team, stakeholders across the business and suppliers. The role will help to drive strategic growth and lead generation. About Schroders
We're a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we've been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn't change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper. The base
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We're close to our clients, in the heart of the UK's financial centre. And we have everything we need to work flexibly. What you'll do
• To organise and manage internal and external events including conferences, investment seminars, corporate hospitality, sponsorship events, and regional events for the Wealth Management business
• Project manage individual events from concept to completion including venue search and negotiation, AV/Staging, speakers/entertainment sourcing, invitations/ registration and logistics at the event.
• Manage corporate hospitality opportunities, and co-ordinate bookings as required
• Setting, communicating and maintaining timelines and priorities for every event
• Vendor procurement and management - including contract negotiation
• Management and communication to key stakeholders for each event
• Maintain and manage events budget for each event, responsibility for accuracy and adherence to that budget.
• Record Schroders Health & Safety, risk assessment and insurance responsibilities for compliance purposes
• Work closely with the marketing team to ensure that the appropriate collateral is prepared and delivered on time, accurately and on brand
• Maintain awareness of developments in the events industry, and include new initiatives in our events
• Ensuring excellent client service and high quality delivery of events
• All events must be delivered within the regulatory framework, whilst adhering to the corporate brand and style guidelines. The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Experience in a similar role
• Extensive and in-depth events experience ideally with financial services/wealth management
• Knowledge and understanding of event strategy implementation and their respective phases (planning, execution and follow-up)
• Able to demonstrate successful delivery of events
• In-depth knowledge of full production process and audio visual requirements.
• Strong negotiating, commercial and event management skills
• Excellent knowledge of event registration systems
• Basic knowledge of Adobe Campaign - although not essential
• Proven track record of developing business relationships across all professional levels both internal and external
• Advanced Excel, Word and PowerPoint. What you'll be like
• Strong communication sills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities whilst maintaining high quality standards
• Ability to adapt style as the situation rises
• Strong attention to detail and accuracy
• Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple projects to tight deadlines
• Ability to use own initiative and work effectively alone or as a member of the wider team We're looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.