Event Planner -UK
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description
Using discretion and judgment, coordinate, design and execute meeting for MFS clients and/or guests. Evaluate and provide input/recommendations to Conference Services Manager and/or senior management on site selection and outside suppliers. Coordinate, manage and review event spending/budgets and reconciliation, reserve preferred dates, locations, and space, and communicate protocol, activities and program development. Negotiate, review and prepare supplier contracts for further review. Manage all other details of meeting planning including correspondence, attendee lists, bill-breakdown, shipping details, post-meeting evaluation, etc. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Execute critical success factors involved in analyzing, coordinating, designing and executing event details which directly reflect on MFS, impact the business relationship with our external clients, and result in financial growth for MFS. (These programs would typically involve groups of 100 or more attendees and their guests including Roundtables; Special Events i.e. golf tournaments; and Conventions and other events which are not "standard" and need to be "created" from scratch.)
- Interface with internal and external client senior management, develop knowledge of management's practices and objectives, establish strategic approaches and measurable goals, and manage expectations.
- Use professional experience and skills to research, evaluate and provide input/recommendations to Conference Services Manager and/or senior management on site selection and outside suppliers; coordinate and execute complex transactions for domestic and international MFS sponsored conferences and events.
- Collaborate with Conference Services Manager, client department heads, MFS Management Committee and Field Force members to coordinate, manage and review event spending/budgets and reconciliation, reserve preferred dates, locations, and space, to apprise them of protocol, activities and program development.
- Negotiate, review and prepare supplier contracts (limited MFS financial liability-under $50,000) for Conference Services Manager's review and for the MFS Legal Department's final recommendations and approval (using knowledge of hospitality industry contractual law and MFS standards).
- Empowered to make decisions (vendor, client, budget-related or otherwise) as coordinator (on-site or off-site), to ensure the successful execution of the event or meeting to gratify our clients (external and internal) and produce positive results.
- Render all dealings with external and internal participants and suppliers for event to secure or provide information, clarify and finalize arrangements, act as liaison with corporate travel agency, and/or to comply with clients' special requests or needs as required and defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Responsible for initiation, composition and preparation of required correspondence, documents, pre-meeting program and data, for contracts and deposits, entertainers and guest speakers, ground transportation arrangements, hotel and recreational requests, final agenda and attendee lists, obtaining marketing documents and accounting set-up for required bill-breakdown, selecting and ordering floral arrangements and linens, shipping details, packaging and handling, and preparation of post-meeting evaluation summary.
- Assures that the objectives of the event are achieved within established time frames and budgetary constraints.
- Arrange post-meeting with internal clients to review and evaluate success, effectiveness, and cost-efficiency of event details to identify possible improvements for future programs.
- Take initiative to keep abreast of new audio visual techniques and meeting management trends to make appropriate recommendations.
- Provide assistance and guidance to members of MFS Conference Services team as required or requested.
- Accept and assume additional duties as needed and requested.
- Minimum of an Associate's degree or equivalent education.
- Proven success in conference services, meeting management or special events experience.
- Excellent decision making, demonstrated negotiating and consensus building ability, and demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ability to produce conferences and special events within allotted budgets.
- Interpersonal skills required to interact professionally and diplomatically with all levels of management of internal and external clients.
- Strong organizational, oral and written communication skills required to coordinate and manage program development and supplier services to meet and exceed MFS' service quality standards.
- Must be self-motivated, service-oriented, able to handle multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines, work independently and be a team player.
- Willing and available to work extended hours (early mornings, late evenings and/or weekends), and to travel domestically or internationally by land, sea or air as required.
- Proficiency with Word for Windows and database management preferred; operational knowledge of standard audio visual equipment or initiative to learn.
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email email@example.com for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."