European Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk Director
We have an opportunity for an Associate Director to lead our European Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk (RAAR) team in our Risk Management Group. The Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk team in region is focused on prudential rule interpretation for local regulated entities (including a UK and European Bank and a UK and European Investment Firm), stress testing and economic capital for the non-bank group. As part of a small, specialised team, the role provides the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the activities of Macquarie divisions operating in the region and to build close relationships with these businesses and other support functions.
Key aspects of this role include:
- Provide advice and interpretation of the European, UK and Irish Prudential rules to various stakeholders, including businesses, senior management and support functions.
- Monitor developments in European prudential standards and assess the forward-looking implications for the EMEA entities based on these developments
- Provide advice in relation to the European Prudential rules in relation to a diverse range of new business, product and fund proposals in the region to identify and address regulatory requirements and liaise within the team and other support functions in this regard.
- Lead a small team of five professionals including providing oversight, technical guidance and development opportunities for the team.
- Active involvement in industry working groups as appropriate
You will have expert knowledge on the current EU/international prudential regime, including Basel, Capital Requirements Directives (CRD) / Capital Requirements Regulation (CRR), and the Pillar 2 / Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) framework. You are a subject matter expert on regulatory requirements and developments on key regulatory change projects, with experience working for a European Bank or investment firm or for a firm advising on the European prudential rules. You have the ability to exercise judgement as to how the prudential rules apply to the different size and scale of entities in the EMEA group and a demonstrated ability to lead a team with strong relationship management skills and an ability to interface with a broad cross-section of individuals.
Persuasive communication, interpersonal and ability to build relationships at all levels whilst promoting a strong compliance culture will be key to your success. You enjoy working autonomously, can determine priorities and able to deliver results within deadlines. You will also have a pragmatic, commercial approach to risk and compliance whilst achieving desired outcomes.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available. Advertised:
10 Oct 2019 GMT Daylight Time Applications close: