European Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk, Analyst / Senior Analyst
We have an exciting opportunity at Associate/ Senior associate level, to join our European Regulatory Affairs and Aggregate Risk (RAAR) team in our Risk Management Group. The RAAR team in the EMEA region is focused on prudential rule interpretation for local regulated entities (including a UK and European Bank and a number of UK and European Investment and Asset Management Firms), stress testing and economic capital for the non-bank group. The role provides the opportunity to gain broad exposure to the activities of Macquarie divisions operating in the region and to build close relationships with these businesses and other support functions.
- Assist in prudential interpretations primarily around the capital requirements, large exposures and leverage ratio requirements from the UK and European regulators.
- Assist in interpreting the regulatory changes in UK and European regulation framework including within Capital Requirements Regulation/ Capital Requirements Directive (CRD IV and CRD V) and Investment Firm Regulation / Investment Firm Directive legislative packages;
- Maintain appropriate log of ongoing interpretations;
- Work cohesively with Finance and Treasury teams on the implementation aspects of regulatory change projects;
- Contribute prudential aspects to management/Board reporting
- Assist in producing/maintaining other regulatory documents, policies and framework including the ICAAP, Recovery Plan, Wind Down Plan etc.
There may also be an opportunity to work on APRA prudential regulations.
We are looking for candidates who have understanding and experience of regulatory capital calculations/interpretations for any jurisdiction. Understanding and experience of the following rule sets will be given a preference:
- PRA/FCA Rule book/Supervisory Statements/ Publications
- EBA/ECB guidance including Capital Requirements Regulation
- Demonstrated ability to work as a team and an ability to interface with a broad cross-section of individuals
- Persuasive communication, interpersonal and ability to build relationships whilst promoting a strong compliance culture will be key to your success.
- You enjoy working autonomously, can determine priorities and able to deliver results within deadlines.
Risk Management Group is an independent, centralised unit responsible for ensuring all risk across Macquarie are appropriately assessed and managed. Its divisions include Credit, Prudential, Capital and Markets, Market Risk, Operational Risk, Compliance, Quantitative Applications and Internal Audit.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We facilitate a range of flexible working arrangements within our teams. Talk to us about what flexibility may be available.