PIMCO is a global leader in active fixed income. With our launch in 1971 in Newport Beach, California, PIMCO introduced investors to a total return approach to fixed income investing. In the 50+ years since, we have worked relentlessly to help millions of investors pursue their objectives - regardless of shifting marketing conditions. As active investors, our goal is not just to find opportunities, but to create them. To this end, we remain firmly committed to the pursuit of our mission: delivering superior investment returns, solutions, and service to our clients.
Since 1971, our people have shaped our organization through a high-performance inclusive culture, in which we celebrate diverse thinking. We invest in our people and strive to imprint our CORE values of Collaboration, Openness, Responsibility and Excellence. We believe each of us is here to help others succeed and this has led to PIMCO being recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients. Position Description
PIMCO is seeking to recruit a European High Yield Credit Trader based in London. This individual will be responsible for trading significant amounts of European High Yield Credit assets for the firm, performing fixed income credit analysis and managing relationships with brokerage firms. The ideal candidate will have a background in fixed income and be familiar with flows, liquidity and opportunities that are present in the corporate credit market. This individual would be responsible for writing new issue recommendations to the trade floor. PIMCO has over EUR100billion in European Investment Grade credit exposure across all portfolios at the firm.
In addition to trading experience, this position requires strong relative value skills, general knowledge of portfolio/risk management and fixed income credit analysis with an overall interest in macroeconomics and quantitative analysis. Position Requirements
- Strong academic credentials; MBA preferred but not required
- 3+ years of experience in fixed income trading capacity
- High Yield Credit trading experience preferred
- Excellent fixed income product knowledge and strong quantitative skills
- Ability to execute trades and coordinate information flow for the Global Credit Desk
- Understanding of basic fundamentals and concepts of portfolio/risk management
- Credit Derivative and Itraxx / credit options knowledge a plus
- Strong communications skills, internally and externally. Manage the flow of information from the markets to internal constituencies. Develop and manage external trading relationships.
- Ensure that securities trading programs are in compliance with individual accounts (in concert with Account Managers and Portfolio Managers)
- Ability to strategize with Portfolio Managers on methods of adding or reducing exposure in industries or individual credits
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Statement
PIMCO recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, national origin, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender (including gender identity and expression), age, military or veteran status, disability (physical or mental), any factor prohibited by law, and as such affirms in policy and practice to support and promote the concept of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action, in accordance with all applicable federal, state, provincial and municipal laws. The company also prohibits discrimination on other basis such as medical condition, or marital status under applicable laws.
Applicants with Disabilities
PIMCO is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, including veterans, in job application procedures. If you have any difficulty using our online system due to a disability and you would like to request an accommodation, you may contact us at 949-720-7744 and leave a message. This is a dedicated line designed exclusively to assist job seekers with disabilities to apply online. Only messages left for this purpose will be considered. A response to your request may take up to two business days.