See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Morgan Stanley Equity Research as an associate in our Emerging Market Equity Strategy team. The associate will provide support to senior equity strategists within the Emerging Europe, Middle East, and Africa region, including the production of quantitative modelling, database management, and managing client requests.
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services company with a world-class reputation and a unique balance between institutional and retail capabilities. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success.
• Create and maintain extensive databases aggregating key company valuation and pricing inputs, macro and micro indicators, flows, technicals, and other key top-down indicators across countries and sectors.
• Assist senior strategists with thematic analysis on a number of diverse countries in EEMEA including in depth research into emerging trends, comparative case studies, and identification of new themes.
• Pick out relevant data from extensive database and create charts and tables to present themes in a clear and concise way.
• Research and analyse information from different data providers, combining it into relevant charts and tables.
• Collaborate with broader stock analyst team, fixed income strategists, and economists.
• Contribute to generating value added investment ideas for our clients.
• Attend company and industry presentations, conferences, and analyst presentations. Qualifications:
• Experience building and maintaining complex financial databases & models is essential.
• Experience in condensing complex data into simple/clear charts and tables is essential
• Strong attention to detail is essential
• Strategy research or IBD experience is preferable
• Fluency in one of the following languages is essential: Russian, Polish, Turkish, Arabic
• Strong quantitative skills
• Excellent academics
• Self Starter
• A curious and creative mind
• Demonstrable passion for the financial markets
• Proven team player
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 07/04/2020.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.