See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Investment Research is uniquely committed to being an essential part of our clients' investment process. We strive to be the sell-side research provider that best understands the buy side. Through relevant and timely conversations with leading investors, we focus resources on risk-reward essentials: identifying the investor debates, assessing the potential outcomes, and uncovering the evidence our clients need to validate their investment decisions. Our equity analysts cover some 2,900 stocks; our economists, strategists and fixed income analysts cover all major regions and other asset classes around the globe.
Morgan Stanley Equity Research is looking to hire an Associate, based in London.
• Help write thematic sector and company research reports.
• Prepare pre-results and post results updates on companies.
• Build, develop and maintain comprehensive financial models
• Cultivate strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
• Perform value-add analysis and interpret data on market and economic events to identify and describe trends
• Prepare pre and post-results updates on your covered companies
• Attend and report on corporate events, roadshows, company presentations and conferences
• Manage client requests and take ownership of workflow Qualifications:
• Equity Research or Investment Banking experience is preferred
• Experience building and maintaining financial models is essential.
• Top class undergraduate degree or equivalent from a leading university.
• Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA) Qualification, Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), or an Advanced Degree is preferable.
• Strong verbal and written skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Demonstrable passion for the financial markets & thematic trends
• Proven team player.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 08/04/2020.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.