European Equity Analyst - Assistant Vice President
Job Purpose Statement
Threadneedle European Equities Team is looking to recruit a smaller companies Analyst. The role will initially be focused on enhancing our coverage of the European small cap market with responsibility for several sectors. In time the role could lead to coverage of other sectors and potentially to fund management responsibilities. The candidate should be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills and the ability to work in a large team environment. Role Responsibilities
- To deliver long term small cap investment opportunities. Ideas will be sourced from both internal discussions e.g. with other CTI analysts and through meetings with managements and brokers.
- Interact with management from firms, chairing company meetings, writing stock / sector review notes and providing investment recommendations to the team.
- To engage and debate stock ideas in a constructive manner. Use effective communication to appropriately influence and share ideas with colleagues.
- To manage relationships with internal clients mainly Investment and Distribution teams.
- Excellent communication skills are a prerequisite for both internal investment meetings and external marketing.
- The role may involve European travel with Portfolio Managers, Analysts, Client Portfolio Managers, as required, to conduct marketing and to meet clients/institutions.
- This role has an opportunity to work with our global and UK smaller company strategies.
- In time, there may be the opportunity to run portfolios.
About Columbia Threadneedle Investments
- Previous asset management or investment analyst background
- Accounting qualification and/or CFA
Columbia Threadneedle Investments is a leading global asset manager that provides a broad range of actively managed investment strategies and solutions for individual, institutional and corporate clients around the world. With more than 2000 people including over 450 investment professionals based in North America, Europe and Asia, we manage over £400 billion of assets across developed and emerging market equities, fixed income, asset allocation solutions and alternatives. Our priority is the investment success of our clients. We know investors want strong and repeatable risk-adjusted returns and we aim to deliver this through an active and consistent investment approach that is team-based, risk-aware and performance-driven.