European Client Services
- Market rates
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Contract, Full time
- Ramsey Portia
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
My client is a leading fund management business. They are seeking a Client Account Manager to join their European Client Relationship Management team with direct responsibility for managing and enhancing the Company’s relationships with some of their most important institutional clients. The successful candidate will be business fluent in either French or German, other European language skills are advantageous.
The Client Manager acts as a central focus for all client servicing activities, ensuring that all client requests are dealt with in a timely, proactive, value-add and accurate manner. The Client Manager ensures a smooth transition of mandates and is instrumental in building the business long-term, whilst representing the brand values to the client at all times.
The role entails:
Supporting Client Directors to manage relationships and liaising with clients and consultants
- Acting as a principal point of contact for selected clients, under the remit of the lead Client Director
- Building and strengthening relationships with clients and consultants, representing the brand
- Attending meetings to support the Client Director and preparing presentations / meeting note
- Identifying cross-selling opportunities and pre-empting issues, risks and opportunities
- Understanding investment matters / issues to ensure informed discussion with clients
Managing a range of client servicing activities
- Managing, anticipating and responding to client queries effectively and without delay
- Creating side letters and managing changes to guidelines for pooled and segregated clients
- Maintaining updated client records, invoices and producing accurate pipeline reporting
- Co-ordinating and detailing investment restrictions with clients and respective consultants
- Managing ad hoc and client specific reporting with appropriate sign off (segregated and pooled)
- Highlighting mandate breaches and managing / escalating potential risks to the business
Managing and integrating new clients globally
- Setting up new client accounts on systems, performing due diligence (i.e. AML, KYC)
- Updating central records for Regulatory purposes and report as appropriate
- Co-ordinating IMAs for segregated funds and working with the Fund Transition team
Demonstrating RM best practice, client-centricity and collegiate behaviours at all times
Working collaboratively with team colleagues and Sales, Marketing, Product and Operations
Provide stream of regular insight regarding client’s requirements to central team
Knowledge / Experience / Qualifications
- Proven track record in institutional client relationship management and/or servicing
- Notable experience of client servicing environments within Financial services
- Solid understanding of investment markets, instruments and economics
- Understanding of segregated account structures and pooled client relationships
- Deep understanding of investment related / contract aspects of segregated and pooled arrangements
- Proven ability to deal with key institutional clients and their consultants with credibility and authority.
- Global mindset and appreciation of operating in various cultures
- Proactive approach to identifying and solving a vast range of problems
- Educated to degree level, with relevant experience in an investment related role
- IMC or CFA qualified
- The successful candidate will be business fluent in either French or German, other European language skills are advantageous.
Skills / Talents
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Ability to prioritise work to achieve the highest standard of output with high accuracy levels
- Ability to extract information from client instructions and key onto accounting system
- Client focus – maintains focus on client needs and is flexible when trying to exceed expectations
- Team work – is supportive of colleagues and willing to share ideas and listen
- Information gathering – knows where to get relevant information and will use all available sources
- Attention to detail – takes thorough approach. Checks work and ensures 100% accuracy
- Planning & organising – schedules daily work and does not rely on others to prioritise activities
- Communicating & influencing – explains things clearly whether verbally or in writing.
- Preference for Action – takes ownership for work and will see things through.
- Responsibility – demonstrates strong work ethic and initiative. Looks for opportunities to create value.
- Tenacity – copes well with high volumes of work and thrives in a fast-paced work environment.