- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Highly competitive
- Full time
Equity & QIS Structurer – Assoc/VP level
My client is looking for innovative individuals to help them to continue to expand in the QIS space. The global cross asset QIS structuring team works closely with Quant research, trading, sales and strats to develop and market innovative new quantitative strategies, enhance and expand the current capabilities of the QIS platform, and deal directly with clients in the structuring of the complex transactions on these indices.
Due to the breadth of the skills required to maintain this large QIS business, the structuring team professionals are involved with a huge variety of tasks; from scripting the indices using Python during the index development stage, drafting the legal documentation for the index descriptions and financial transactions linked to them; all the way to making marketing materials, travelling to see clients and extensive project management of the structuring of complex transactions linked to these proprietary Quant strategies.
The non-QIS work done by the Equity structuring group focusses on many different areas of structuring such as the development of innovative pay-outs and investment strategies, research monetisation, asset-liability management and securitization solutions. The team also provides pricing for complex transactions to the whole ICG sales force on global indices, stocks, emerging markets and hybrids.
The products they structure comprise equity and hybrids investment products for institutional (insurance companies, pension funds) and retail investors. While structuring these products the investment case for such products as well as the tax and regulatory environment of clients have to be considered.
The work involves, e.g., development of investment strategies and structured trade ideas, product pricing and transaction execution, and the marketing and origination of the products.
Responsibilities include back testing, pricing, marketing and development of the platform and various tools using analytical tools.
- A degree from a top tier University in a technical subject such as physical sciences, computer science, engineering or economics is generally required.
- Technical and quantitative academic background with an analytical aptitude.
- Experience in derivatives trading or structuring, specific experience in a QIS related trading or structuring role would be an advantage.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, challenging environment, with the ability to organise your workload.
- Excellent computer skills including practical use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Good communication skills – written and verbal