Equity Trading Analyst
- Competitive Package
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 09 Feb 18 2018-02-09
The Global Equity Trading Analytics and Strategy team at J.P. Morgan Asset Management are looking for a talented Associate-level candidate to join the London team. This involves detailed transaction cost analysis (TCA), design of systematic trading strategies, and supporting the ongoing trading process.
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
The Global Equity Trading Analytics and Strategy team is focused on the quantitative analysis of trading performance and strategy development. This involves detailed transaction cost analysis (TCA), design of systematic trading strategies, and supporting the ongoing trading process. The analytics function is performed by a global team with members in New York, London and Hong Kong using a global trading analytics platform. We are looking for a talented associate-level candidate to join the London team.
• Conduct trading research projects to enhance the overall investment process
• Contribute to the design of global systematic trading strategies
• Perform reporting and attribution on the main drivers of portfolio transaction costs
• Improve internal transaction cost analysis tools and systems
• Provide adhoc support for the regional trading desks as required
• Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in a financial, quantitative or scientific discipline
• Prior experience in an equity trading or analytics role
• Professional experience in a programming language for data analytics (Python/R/Matlab/C++)
• Proficiency in constructing and analyzing SQL/database queries
• Strong analytical and statistical skills
• Ability to present and discuss quantitative concepts with non-technical audiences
Highly Desirable Skills:
• Have or working towards obtaining the CFA charter
• Experience with UX design or creating data visualization dashboards (Tableau/Spotfire)
• Knowledge and familiarity with machine learning
• Past history of working in a global team
JPMorgan Chase & Co. offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan Chase & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.