About this role OVERVIEW: The Equity Trading team is responsible for all the trading of BlackRock’s equity, equity derivative and commodity orders. It is a market leader in its field and involves trading substantial volumes of cash equities, CFDs, ETF’s Futures, options and other listed
About this role
The Equity Trading team is responsible for all the trading of BlackRock’s equity, equity derivative and commodity orders. It is a market leader in its field and involves trading substantial volumes of cash equities, CFDs, ETF’s Futures, options and other listed and OTC derivatives. It works closely with several investment teams coving a range of strategies from Index to Fundamental Active. The Desk also manages core partnerships with the Broker community.
- Execute orders via several different strategies for cash equities across Developed and Emerging Markets.
- The ability to trade across small, medium and large cap platforms, using algorithms, block trading, DMA, high touch and program trading execution channels.
- Formulate trading strategies with PMs taking into consideration benchmarks, liquidity demands, risk and cost.
- Stay abreast of market events and dynamics and share thoughts and insights with the investment and trading community.
- Pro-actively contribute, evolve and innovate the trading processes to enhance efficiencies, reduce cost and/or reduce risk.
- Learn to use and contribute to market leading trading and data platforms including Aladdin.
- Help drive trading forward from a technical perspective.
- Develop and maintain essential external relationships as required for Best Execution
- Operate as part of a highly collaborative and supportive team culture.
- Degree(s) with relevant trading experience, derivative experience an advantage.
- Comprehensive understanding of the liquidity and microstructure of equity markets.
- Confident with technology and the ability to learn how to use multiple platforms.
- Team player with effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners and stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to challenges.
- Strong data analysis skills, with coding experience an advantage
- Well organised, disciplined approach to work with a high level of attention to detail. Analytical an advantage.
- Strong work ethic with high level of self-motivation and eagerness to innovate and evolve the trading team.
- Ability to manage multiple relationships internally and externally and have negotiation skills.
- Adaptable and comfortable working in an entrepreneurial and dynamically changing environment.
BlackRock’s purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2019, the firm managed approximately $6.84 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.