- Permanent, Full time
- Anson McCade
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Full time
Equity Tech / Devops - Systematic Hedge Fund
My client is a leading quantitative investment manager, one of the top 10 funds in the world by aum and a 30 year track record in quant and discretionary trading across stocks, bonds, options, future, warrants, convertible securities, and other financial instruments. They seek a technical operations engineer to join its Equities trading operation in London. The Equities group is one of the longest running and most profitable trading groups in the firm. The successful candidate will join a team that provides support for the real-time trading system, manages and improves operational infrastructure, and solving front office technical issues.
The role covers a wide range of responsibilities, including software infrastructure development and maintenance, troubleshooting of production issues, development of front office reports, communication with counterparties, design and documentation of operational procedures, and coordination with other IT groups around releases and upgrades. The position involves heavy interaction with developers, quants, and traders, as well as coordination with remote support staff.
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable working in a UNIX environment and will be proficient in UNIX shell scripting and Python.
- The most suitable candidate will be a mix of systems, support and developer who can troubleshoot and is excited by technology and solving problems.
- This individual will possess keen software debugging abilities, excellent communication skills, careful attention to detail, a knack for prioritization, and the drive to identify the source of problems and pursue them to resolution.
- Prior experience in a tech ops, dev ops, or site reliability engineer role and a degree in computer science (or an engineering discipline) are preferred but not required. A basic understanding of probability and statistics is also beneficial.