Our client is a well-established UK Corporate Broker providing corporate and institutional broking services for public and private growth companies and is a top 3 broker to listed companies on the AIM market. These roles will support the current Senior Analyst team and is ideal for someone who is looking to start a career in Equity Research, likely from a newly qualified ACA background, or another commercial and analytical role.
Our client is looking for two junior analysts to work within the Equity Research team. The new positions will support the current coverage initially, getting mentorship and insight from the experienced, senior analyst team and over time will begin to cover their own stocks.
- Conducting research on a range of companies within the sector, attendance at company presentations, attendance of meetings with company management, researching company accounts/reports and other sources and drafting research notes
- Financial modelling and valuation
- Conducting client meetings and calls in order to present stock recommendations
- Undertaking various tasks associated with the research function, updating databases, reviewing and archiving research material
- Degree level education (2.1 or above)
- ACA qualification
- CFA qualification (at least Level 1) would also be desirable
- Knowedge of company valuations and financial modelling
- Strong Excel and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Clear analytical thinking and attention to detail
- Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience in an analytical role (which may include training towards ACA qualification)
- Specific knowedge of and interest in the following sectors would also be of particular interest: Financial Services, Technology, Renewable Energy/CleanTech, Healthcare/Life Sciences