Equity Research Analyst - TMT
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
Our sector-based research teams analyse markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients' first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
You will join an experienced, established and successful team which currently has 27 stocks under coverage across European Telecoms and Cable and is looking to build out further coverage of mid-cap stocks.
Qualifications Required Background
- To support the senior analyst(s) to maintain/build out stock coverage and contribute to the European Telecom sector team within the broader European TMT coverage
- To support the lead analyst in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with the Investment Bank and Corporate Broking
- The role requires intellectual contribution our strategic view of these industry sectors in a Global, and UK stock market context
- You will be expected to develop as a coverage analyst in your own right within two to three years (depending on experience)
Desired Experience / Skills
- A strong academic background ideally in a scientific / numerical subject.
- You will ideally have experience of detailed modelling of modelling companies' financials as appropriately for equity research production, including forecasting
- Additionally, strong written and inter-personal skills are also required, the latter given that the role will involve direct interaction with institutional and corporate clients
- Previous proven direct industry or analyst experience in order to have immediate credibility with company management and the investor base is advantageous
- ACA / ACCA qualification
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel (Pivots / VLook up / IF)
- Financially literate