At Bloomberg, our products are fueled by powerful information. We combine data and context to paint the whole picture for our clients, around the clock - from around the world. In Data, we're responsible for delivering this data, news and analytics through innovative technology - quickly and accurately.
As a team, we use technology and industry-leading data to model the intersections between companies. Our equity research driven approach uses (a wide variety of) industry and company-specific data, including fundamentals, to produce estimates and quantify upstream and downstream relationships (for a target company within an analyst's portfolio).
Our insights provide intelligence serving a variety of client-needs: for businesses, our product enables strategic decision making around purchasing and production costs, procurement expenditures, and potential exposures to customer/supplier (or supply chain) risks. For the investment professional, our intel provides an edge in pinpointing (latent) supplier disruptions and/or budgetary constraints within the customer base. The scope, magnitude, and depth of insight allows professionals to detect potential trade signals emanating from deep within a company's supply chain, informing their current or prospective portfolio holdings, and allows businesses useful information to better assess their customers, suppliers, and partnerships.
Each member of Data has full ownership of their multidisciplinary role: we are nimble, autonomous, fast-paced, and work with purpose across all teams. We'd like you to join us. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Develop domain expertise and derive powerful intelligence - founding the backbone of our Supply Chain functionality
- Establish and maintain relationships with internal groups throughout Bloomberg as well as external clients
- Use your knowledge and expertise to generate thought leadership content via news stories, research reports, and webinars
- Assist with internal projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Provide customer support for users of Bloomberg products such as the Professional Service, News, and Enterprise Solutions, by resolving inquiries in a timely manner
- Manage projects to optimize processes and/or improve the quality of our data products
- Monitor and interpret major company developments and identify themes or trends affecting key market sectors
We'd Love to See:
- Relevant work experience within supply chain and/or equity research
- Demonstrated domain expertise in one or more data products
- Intimate understanding of how industry players utilize data to drive business decisions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational competency and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Desire to improve and further develop our products
- Ability to meet deadlines and logically approach problems
- Ability to adapt within a dynamic environment, and desire to work on multidisciplinary teams
- Effective project management skills and ability to prioritize tasks accordingly
Does this sound like you?
- A master's degree (preferably in Finance or Economics)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and knowledge of analyzing data using Python or SQL
- Proficiency in one or more European languages
Apply if you think we're a good match! We will be in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, colour, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org