An excellent opportunity has arisen within this market leading Investment house for a APM/Research Analyst to join their highly successful Investment team. Ideally suited to candidates who have a strong analytical and equity research background, looking to build a long term career with asset management. Working alongside a small team of investment professionals you will contribute within the following areas:
Role & Responsibilities
- Responsible for conducting Equity research and analytical studies for the Small Cap Equities team
- Research – Production of high quality country, industry and stock investment research. These responsibilities include specific industry/sectors and countries; produce regional meeting materials;
- Decision making – translating research into contributing towards investment decisions that are appropriate to each product type.
- Support Company’s client service and marketing operations by assisting in preparation work and assisting with consultant and potential client presentations within specified limits.
- Production of monthly and ad hoc investment reports and communications to clients, and consultants.
- Active contribution to the decision-making process of fund allocation and investment strategy resulting in improving fund performance;
- Knowledge of firm’s products and services and detailed knowledge of the global equities product and universe.
Background and Experience
- Exceptional research and analytical skills (approx. 2-4 years experience)
- Outstanding academic background; CFA Level I or equivalent
- High level of attention to detail, driven and inquisitive
- Understanding of stock market and industry operating and investment valuation context
- Strong numeracy and written skills
- Ability to work in a team environment & possess well developed interpersonal skills
- High potential; very bright with an energetic approach
- Strong mathematical skills - able to cope with numbers but needs to be a ‘rounded’ individual
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted