Equity Research - BioTech - Associate - London
- Competitive base + bonus
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- 24 Nov 17 2017-11-24
You will join a leading healthcare equity research team with probably the broadest coverage universe of stocks. Combined the healthcare team covers over 60 stocks across EMEA and the different sub-sectors. Your role is to support and develop the research of the Biotechnology sector team, contributing to the group’s stock coverage responsibilities, global industry views, and analysis of therapeutic areas.
Jefferies, the global investment banking firm focused on serving clients for over 50 years, is a leader in providing insight, expertise and execution to investors, companies and governments. The firm provides a full range of investment banking, sales, trading, research and strategy across the spectrum of equities, fixed income, foreign exchange, futures and commodities, and also select asset and wealth management strategies, in the Americas, Europe and Asia. Jefferies Group LLC is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Leucadia National Corporation (NYSE: LUK), a diversified holding company.
Our sector-based research teams analyse markets worldwide with a goal to be our clients’ first call for investment ideas, longer-term thematic pieces and industry expertise. Our research analysts use a variety of methodologies and sources including surveys, industry contacts and public documents, as well as benefiting from perspectives from collaborations with fellow Jefferies analysts following other industries, geographies and asset classes.
You will join a leading healthcare equity research team with probably the broadest coverage universe of stocks. Combined the healthcare team covers over 60 stocks across EMEA and the different sub-sectors.
Your role is to support and develop the research of the Biotechnology sector team, contributing to the group’s stock coverage responsibilities, global industry views, and analysis of therapeutic areas.
- To support the Biotechnology team in meeting its goals
- To support the lead analyst in the provision of strong fundamental research allowing us to service institutional investors with sufficient intensity to drive vote capture, and support the interface with the Investment Bank and Corporate Broking
- Contributing written work to the European Biotechnology team thematic and stock specific research
- Assisting the team in meeting client marketing and corporate access requirements
- A strong academic background is expected, excellent communication skills, plus the drive and determination to excel
- A scientific or medical background is strongly preferred
- Relevant sector experience is not a prerequisite, but a strong interest in the sector is important
- Prior experience in equity markets is not a pre-requisite, but a strong interest is paramount
- Strong written and inter-personal skills are also required, the latter given that the role will involve direct interaction with institutional and corporate clients
Desired Experience / Skills
- Experience writing about complex scientific and/or medical topics, including the theoretical rationale, summary of key findings, and conclusions