Equity Research - Associate Analyst / Analyst - Frontier Financials
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Equity Research Associate Analyst / Analyst provide key insights to Portfolio Managers in their Investment decisions.
The position focuses on Frontier Markets and involves in depth company due diligence, which typically includes international field trips, management meetings and detailed financial modelling. The successful candidate should have modelling experience coupled with a keen interest and passion for investing in developing countries. Principal Responsibilities
- Handles various projects to help Portfolio Managers be more effective in their investment decisions. These can include: - In depth industry and security analysis; managing stock watch lists and generating ideas; quantitative and qualitative screening; building comp sheets; alternative data analysis.
- Models corporate financial statements into the future (minimum of 3 years) to assess potential company earnings and/or cash flow.
- Evaluates corporate financial statement outputs to assess the worth of the company using multiple techniques such as discounted cash flow analysis, ratio analysis and other valuation techniques.
- Participates in conference calls to review companies' quarterly earnings and in company meetings and quickly assimilates the information to assist the Analysts in their investment decisions.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Producing written research on companies and industries and helping with presentation of ideas.
- Academic excellence.
- Minimum of 4 years' professional experience ideally from investment management, sell-side equity research, investment banking or private equity.
- Experience covering financials including banks and insurance companies is desirable.
- Strong and demonstrable financial analysis including accounting & financial modelling skills.
- Strong interest and knowledge of financial markets, especially Equities.
- Proven and demonstratable interest in investing.
- An interest in developing markets and willingness to travel.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills, and a good writer.
- CFA qualification or in progress is an advantage
- Competitive nature
- Experience with market data services (ex. Factset, Bloomberg etc.)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.