Equity Product Strategist/ Sales Specialist - SVP
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- PIMCO Europe Ltd
- 23 Apr 19
Equity Product Strategist/ Sales Specialist - SVP
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.66 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,500 employees in 14 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities.
PIMCO is seeking to hire an experienced investment professional to further build PIMCO's equity business in EMEA. The role is an entrepreneurial one, and the successful candidate will have the ability to impact the business from both product strategy and sales perspectives.
PIMCO's equity business includes a broad product line, ranging from our highly successful portable alpha strategies (StocksPLUS) to the systematic active and smart beta strategies offered in partnership with Research Affiliates. In total, PIMCO has more than $45 billion in equity assets under management and has won the Equity Asset Class Award from Lipper five times. The award recognizes fund families that have delivered consistently strong risk-adjusted performance relative to peers.
PIMCO Strategists are investment professionals that specialize in a strategy area or market sector. They are recognized internally and externally as experts in this area. Strategists at PIMCO lead new business development efforts, and focus on long-term strategic positioning while seeking to capture near-term demand opportunities. Strategists seek to position PIMCO for sustained high growth rates and attractive levels of profitability, diversifying PIMCO's business by product, investor type, and region. Strategists use their highly specialized knowledge to lead all strategic aspects of that strategy area, akin to running a focused global business unit within PIMCO. In addition, this role provides the opportunity to engage with existing and prospective investors as well as consultants in EMEA in partnership with PIMCO Account Managers.
This position requires an experienced, dynamic and collaborative professional. The successful candidate will:
- Serve as the local expert on PIMCO's equity business internally and externally
- Develop and execute a business and marketing plan designed to raise assets and increase revenue growth
- Have a proven history of selling differentiated equity strategies and engaging with institutional investors, consultants and financial advisors
- Represent PIMCO's equity strategies externally at client meetings, industry conferences and meetings with market participants in EMEA
- Demonstrate the ability to work in partnership with and earn the trust and credibility of Account Managers, Portfolio Managers, Product Strategists and other PIMCO professionals at all levels of the organization. Note: the candidate will work closely with the 7-person equity product strategy team based in Newport Beach
- Take a lead role in identifying marketing opportunities and supporting PIMCO initiatives to develop and grow PIMCO's equity platform
- Understand thoroughly the equity landscape, current trends and key competitive dynamics impacting the asset class
- Offer timely and forward-looking insights on investor demand and equity market trends resulting in PIMCO continuing to deliver innovative solutions to clients
- 8+ years of client portfolio management, product strategy or institutional marketing experience in equities. Experience with differentiated strategies is preferred, although not required
- Advanced degree with an emphasis in Finance and Economics or a related, quantitative/analytical field from an accredited university
- Preference for candidates whose business experience and knowledge is aligned with the position
- Personable, with an ability to develop and further relationships with equity decision makers
- Demonstrate the ability to organize and communicate effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Understand and appreciate the institutional sales process and familiarity with the multiple players involved
- Entrepreneurial and business development mindset
- Ability to articulate ideas/strategies clearly, both verbally and in writing
- Ethical, collaborative, organised, flexible, self-starter, accountable, humble
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office