Equity Portfolio Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
We are seeking a Portfolio Analyst to join the Equity Portfolio Implementation Group within the Investment Implementation Group of the InvesTech department. In this role the individual will work with our global team of Solutions Portfolio Managers and Equity Portfolio Analysts in support of our Investment Research and Investment Boutiques investment teams on trade implementation, cash management, account transitions, portfolio monitoring and additional portfolio implementation related services. This position would be located in London.
•Work with the investment teams and traders to ensure timely and accurate implementation of investment strategies across client portfolios, including cash management and equitization
•Interface with groups across the firm, including other InvesTech teams, Client Group, Investment Products and Fund Services, Investment Research, Investment Boutiques and Securities Law, on issues relating to new account set-up, transitions, market openings, security set-up, product integrity and equity offerings
•Provide additional value added contributions to investment teams on a customized basis, such as risk analysis, syndicate recommendations, detailed portfolio data reporting and analysis, exposure tracking, and custom portfolio management
•Work with Investment Technology on the development of and enhancements to investment implementation and monitoring tools
The successful candidate for this position is likely to have:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Strong analytical skills and strict attention to detail
- The ability to work independently and to contribute as part of a team
- Creativity and initiative to develop projects that can lead to better implementation of strategies and trades, and understanding of portfolio risk and positioning
- Solid understanding of global securities, including equities, bonds, currency, and derivatives
- Ability to communicate and strategize effectively with investment teams and other internal groups regarding portfolio issues
- UCITS knowledge a plus
- A willingness and flexibility to work outside of normal business hours on occasion, including shifting work hours to help cover part of the US or Asia trading days and covering some holidays
- Familiarity with trading systems, and/or investment risk systems is a plus
- A minimum of three to six years in the investment management business, with trading, portfolio analysis and/or investment operations/administration experience preferred. An advanced degree, CFA designation or progress towards CFA is a plus
Equity Portfolio Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .