Equity Derivatives Trading Operations Change / Structured Products Product Owner - Vice President
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
One of the largest divisions in the Firm, Operations is the first line of defense for Morgan Stanley's financial and reputational well-being and essential in delivering value. Operations is responsible for correctly settling and recording millions of transactions per day, identifying and mitigating operational risk, developing strong client relationships and partnering with technology to realize the full potential of IT and Automation. Operations has a premier team of creative and dedicated professionals, with a unique vantage point interacting with all parts of the business. The Operations Senior Management team is passionate about our people development and providing top-notch employee opportunities through an inclusive, forward-looking environment defined by open communication, collaboration, learning and dedicated career management.
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations
Institutional Securities Group Product Operations (ISGPO) partners closely with Sales & Trading and our Clients to process daily activities, develop and implement new products and services, as well as drive efficiency and reduce risk in our processes.
ISGPO Change the Bank
The ISGPO Change the Bank team is a project management and business analysis team responsible for driving and delivering change for ISG Product Operations. The team is responsible for providing process re-engineering leadership to drive improved quality and enhanced efficiency. The team partners with Operations line leadership and Technology to shape product, service and functional strategies and deliver related application solutions. The team also supports key business enablement initiatives as well as client and industry driven product development.
Role Description & Responsibilities
Trading Operations Change the Bank (CTB) within ISGPO is a global team that acts as a centre of change and project management excellence for Trading Operations. Trading Ops CTB plans and executes Middle Office projects with significant risk and / or strategy implications in partnership with business units and technology across all of Morgan Stanley’s cash and derivatives asset classes.
The role will play a key part in defining, managing and executing a multi-year scalability programme targeted at renovating our Structured Notes / Exotics platform and processes. This involves:
- Product Ownership of small and large initiatives within an agile construct.
- Managing medium sized projects across the Equity Derivatives space.
- Contributing to the future state technology vision for the Equity Derivatives Middle Office and translating this into an impactful technology roadmap for IT
- Executing this Middle Office technology roadmap in the form of an project portfolio in close collaboration with our technology partners
- Potential line management across New York, London, Hong Kong and Mumbai
Experience and Skills Required
The role will be able to fully bring to bear strong Equity Derivatives subject matter expertise, Portfolio and Program Execution skills, and deep People and Stakeholder management acumen:
Equity Derivatives business and products expertise:
- Deep product expertise in Equity Derivatives Structured Products, ideally from prior run the bank experience in Equity Derivatives.
- Deep understanding of front-to-back processes and platforms around issuance and lifecycle of Structured Notes.
Portfolio management expertise:
- Ability to continuously identify and realize value for the business and for Trading Operations in the form of new and enhanced business capabilities, efficiency and scalability gains for the Middle Office and beyond, and enhanced operational risk management and controls
- Experience in defining multi-year initiative roadmap to enhance the platform (automation/technology upgrades) and create robust annual budgets
Program Execution Experience:
- Strong delivery record for a complex project portfolio
- Expertise in managing global programs and projects
- Ability to hold delivery partners in Operations and Technology accountable
Strong People Management skills:
- Record of managing and developing teams of change/project professionals
- Ability to partner effectively with senior stakeholders in the Business, Operations, Technology, and relevant enterprise functions, to execute the EQ Derivatives change agenda
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.
Interested in flexible working opportunities? Morgan Stanley empowers employees to have greater freedom of choice through flexible working arrangements. Speak to our recruitment team to find out more.