Equity Derivatives Order Management Trade Cap Senior Software Engineer
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS UK
- 23 Feb 19
Job Reference # 187765BR
– A proven technical leader with a clear view of how to deliver success for your clients
– Comfortable heading multi-region high performing teams and shaping the architectural vision
– An excellent communicator with strong internal client relationship skills and experience of delivering to the front office
– Passionate about what you do (and really excellent at it)
– Proactive and comfortable working in dynamic environments with fast-paced deliveries and changing requirements as client opportunities emerge
– Keen to learn and adopt new technologies
You'll be working as part of an Order Management Trade Capture team based in London. This team is one of a number globally, so collaboration is essential and is actively managed. We are responsible for systems supporting the creation structured products for the Global Equity Derivatives business, and your focus will be on these front office platforms.
There are three main applications in this area which are used on the trading floor in London, New York and Hong Kong. Your team will be one of a number delivering change and third line support on one or more of these systems which create Securitised and OTC products and trades.
You will be leading the development of a new pretrade bus that will ultimately handle all pretrade messages within the Sales and Trading capability. You will also be leading the development of the GED Trader Desktop container that will be our platform for future UI deployment.
Technologies / tools used: TypeScript, React, Docker, Kubernetes, C#, Java 7/8, Micro-services, REST, JAX-RS, Elasticsearch, Hibernate, Spring, Guice, Cucumber / Fitness, Oracle, Git, SVN.
- 10+ years' hands-on experience in the development, design, maintenance and integration of software solutions
- Proficiency in C# or Java programming
- Solid experience with automated testing, acceptance testing, TDD, BDD
- Experience working with complex applications with multiple stakeholders in a fast paced environment globally
- Experience reviewing the work of others, mentoring and coaching junior developers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, you like to figure out how things work
- The ability to resolve production issues escalated to you
- Experience with the full software development life cycle predominantly with agile methodologies Experience improving older code bases as well as in using modern design patterns
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English, and the desire to work together with stakeholders
- Excellent research, investigation and evaluation skills
- Experience with test automation (Selenium, Cucumber)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.