Equity Derivative Strat - Associate - 3101719
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
See job description for details
Equity Derivative Strat – Associate (3101719)
Job Title: Equity Derivative Strat
Job Level: Associate
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley's Equities Derivatives division is looking for a strategist/quantitative analyst for its Dynamic Index Equity Derivative Strat team. Desk strategists are key participants, together with traders and sales people, in the revenue-generating activities of our Sales & Trading Division. Desk strategists sit on the trading desk, are the primary modellers for new products, and team with the traders to deliver innovative ideas using models to analyse risks and opportunities in trading books for complex derivatives.
Dynamic Index strats are responsible for implementing and supporting the algorithmic indices that are sold by the firm to clients. The strats are responsible for reviewing the new index description, produce a backtest as well as implement the engine that will do evolution and risk reporting through the firm’s risk systems. They also ensure that the underlying strategy can be traded i.e. in terms of liquidity, market convention, self-financing aspect & access. They help the trading desk assessing the various trading cost of the strategy (funding, bid ask, etc). Furthermore, they assist with automation of the hedging of the strategies.
Skills required (essential)
• An advanced degree in a quantitative subject such as Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Physics, Software Engineering.
• Previous experience gained within an Equity Derivatives front office banking environment.
• Very strong programming skills in an object oriented language applied within the library of a front office team - C++, Java and Python. Database knowledge (KDB/SQL) a strong plus.
• Good knowledge of Statistics, Statistical Inference, Probability, Numerical Analysis, Stochastic Calculus, Approximation Theory and an expertise in either of these subjects.
• Drive and desire to work in an intense team-oriented environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal English.
The Salary for this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 03/01/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.