Equity Capital Markets Analyst
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Feb 18 2018-02-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Global Capital Markets (GCM) responds with market judgment and ingenuity to meet clients' needs for capital. Whether executing an IPO, a debt offering or a leveraged buyout, GCM integrates Morgan Stanley's expertise in Sales & Trading and in Investment Banking, offering clients seamless advice and sophisticated solutions. We originate structure and execute public and private placement of equities, investment-grade and non-investment-grade debt and related products.
We are currently hiring an Analyst to work in the Global Capital Markets (GCM) team in London.
The responsibilities of this role include:
• Providing support on marketing and execution of various types of offerings such as IPOs, capital increases and sell downs of shares
• Liaising with equity sales, research and trading to discuss sector and stock specific trends and investor feedback
• Frequent interaction with our investment banking coverage and public equity teams
• Creating and interpreting financial models
• Attending team discussions and client meetings, where you may be asked to deliver parts of a presentation
• Previous employment at an Investment Bank is essential; capital markets exposure is highly desirable.
• You have an excellent academic background and fluency in English; ability to communicate effectively in another language is an advantage.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
• Strong analytical and modelling skills that put you at ease with financial data
• Committed to delivery of highest quality work product; strong attention to detail.
• Strong organisational skills
• Ability to effectively prioritise and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines
• Strong team player able to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrate a high level of professional integrity
• Strong work ethic and demonstrated commitment to excellence
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 21/02/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.