Equities Technology - SPG - Front Office Developer
- London, England, United Kingdom London England GB
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical centre of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here.
WHO WE LOOK FOR
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Synthetic Product Group (SPG) business offers institutional and hedge fund client's products which are optimal with respect to tax, balance sheet and funding. Business revenues come from commissions, financing and dividends through the trading of CFD and Equity Swap OTC instruments alongside futures, options, ETFs and structured products.
The SPG technology team is a dynamic front office team, we partner directly with the trading desk and engineering teams. We are focused on building and enhancing the applications and workflows that support the SPG business. The platforms we develop include inventory optimization, funding strategies and facilitating custom internal/external trading flows.
We are agile, global and diverse. We are seeking developers who will undertake development across all tiers of our business-facing systems.
You'll be responsible for designing, writing, reviewing, testing and implementing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack.
The role requires strong analytical skills, communication skills, as well as excellent programming skills.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- You will be relied upon to be proactive in your approach, managing both daily tasks and a project role
- You will be building upon both teamwork and communication skills as you become integrated within the team, and will also have the opportunity to develop technical and analytical abilities as you progress on various projects and programmes of work
- You will have the opportunity to liaise with the global SPG Technology teams and other teams within the Engineering division
- 2+ years of experience in building applications in a commercial environment
- A solid understanding of object orientated desk and programming skills (Java, Python, C++, or other OO technology)
- A good understanding of the principles behind test-driven development (TDD) with hands-on experience of unit testing
- Proficient with databases systems; able to write and analyse complex queries with multi-table joins and aggregate functions
- Able to analyse non-trivial interdependencies between systems and possess excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills with a history of user/team interaction
- Interest or experience in financial services and trading businesses is expected
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.