Equities Prime Services - Synthetic Client Middle Office Analyst - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Dec 17 2017-12-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about risk management, client service and equities markets? Do you enjoy working in a dynamic and fast paced team? We're looking for a professional to join our Synthetic Client Middle Office who wants to use their skills to partner with the Securities Division and facilitate the growth of the Equities Prime Businesses.
Prime Services in Europe provides front to back post-execution support to all equity based derivative activity for the Synthetic Products Group (SPG). The Middle Office function is a smaller area within the wider department and has critical focus on front office day to day risk and trading issues, client queries, corporate actions processing and strategic firm and business infrastructure projects.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
The role will give you an opportunity to work in one of the fastest growing team in Operations. The Synthetic Client Middle Office primary responsibility is to support the SPG Trading Desk and its clients. The Trading Desk manage inventory across firm positions and provide pricing on synthetics and risk manage the trading books. The client base for SPG is made up of large institutions and hedge funds clients and the Middle Office team works closely with the Trading Desk and the Prime Brokerage Client Reps in making sure our clients' needs are met.
• Actively manage risk & P&L for all clients equity derivative trading accounts
• Trade management - timely allocation of a high number of synthetic trades & associated hedges across a number of flows & resolution of any resulting economic breaks
• Query management - efficient handling of incoming queries from clients, custodians, PB, sales, trading desks & other internal clients
• Reconciliation - trade reconciliation, risk reconciliation and completion of tasks associated with control around the business
• Identification of areas for improvement in processes
• Documentation of procedures and process flows to help enhance our controls around the business
• Daily review of control reports to ensure all trade bookings and risk management is accurate
• Liaising with other teams within GS to ensure timely resolution of queries
• Excellent client service skills with experience gained within a fast paced Client Service/ Operational role
• Strong Team-working skills - for working with both internal departments in London and globally
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to thrive under pressure
• Ability to work in dynamic environment, proven history of being able to react to changing priorities
• Product knowledge - ideally of Swaps/CFD, cash equities & other listed & OTC derivative products including knowledge of corporate action processing for these products
• Strong understanding of the Equities Prime Businesses
• Track record in the development of client relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and externally
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.