Equities Execution Services Operations VP - London
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 16 Dec 17 2017-12-16
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB OPERATIONS
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS WHO WE ARE
Goldman Sachs is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and upholding our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork. Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
Equities Execution Services is a key part of Securities Division Operations. The business encompasses post execution client services across cash and synthetic products. Our teams support Institutional clients globally and are focused on Operational scalability, risk management, and providing an exceptional client experience. We are responsible for ensuring that the firm is compliant with applicable laws and regulations and reporting accuracy for new and existing business flows as well as implementing quality controls over data supporting these functions. Our primary driver is to enhance the Operations client experience in a risk and control oriented environment. We believe this structure provides our people with enhanced development opportunities to broaden their knowledge base, as well as provide a best in class operational client service.
EES sits within Securities Division Operations and includes supporting the execution desks, both from a sales and trading perspective for cash and synthetic produts. A key team focus for 2017/8 is facilitating the expansion of the electronic trading businesses by ensuring a scalable Operational and Technology support model. The EES Business Development Group is responsible for partnering with sales, Technology and clients to ensure an exceptional and scalable client service across the front to back stack, supported by a future proof and flexible post trade system. The team's performance directly impacts the ability of the electronic trading teams to increase revenue and market share.
• Partner with clients, Technology and sales to understand and clearly define client requirements for enhanced functionality
• Partner with front to back Operations teams to understand requirements for additional functionality and scalability in order to enable increased revenue
• Lead the design of client-centric, future-proof, scalable, globally consistent functional capabilities across core Equities products
• Optimise business costs through ongoing tracking of performance metrics and Operational costs
• Work with line teams to ensure appropriate SME resourcing for UATs and rollouts
• Understand and apply the priorities of the Revenue division and how that impacts post execution
• Preferred: Understanding of the Equities, Synthetic or PB life-cycle
• Ability to deliver / Attention to details & deadlines while adhering to risk and controls
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills written and oral; confident in interaction with all levels of employees, and with internal and external clients
• Strong client service skills and mindset
• Continuous improvement mindset
• Ability to think strategically and link themes between flows/processes
• Energetic, proactive and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting
• Proficiency in Microsoft office applications (Excel / Power point / Word)
• Bachelor degree
• Desired: Experience of securities products, an Operations background and client facing experience is preferred, but not essential
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2017. All rights reserved
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.