Equities Business Analyst - Corporate Actions
Equities Business Analyst - Corporate Actions As a Business analyst you will be reporting directly to the Product Manager for the Custom Baskets Integrated Solution. CBIS. You will work within the scrum team. You will have deep experience of Corporate Actions handling from a fund accounting/administration or Index Provider background In addition to the operational responsibilities you will also play a key role in supporting projects, developments and testing of features affecting CBIS and the wider Eclipse solution. Your key accountabilities
- Good practical knowledge of fund corporate actions types and how they affect the value of a Portfolio or Fund
- Deep and proven experience in corporate action handling
- Work with clients to gather their requirements
- 5+ years experience as a business analyst from an Index provider background
- Write business documentation including training material
- Additionally, the successful applicant will train clients in the use of the custom baskets product
- Review sign-off processes and implement procedural improvements to reduce risk and improve efficiency
- Follow up any issues arising with other areas such as Asset Valuation, Corporate Actions, within Product Management and see through to resolution
- Timely escalation of any issues or exceptions found during processing to Product Manager
- Provide support for issue resolution and various business developments and initiatives
- Participation in projects
- Participation in daily product development scrum
- Work with the scrum team to write product development jiras and create process flow diagrams for new idea
- Use SQL to query product databases ad support data analysis
- User UI prototyping tools such as Balsamiq to visualize product ideas
- Knowledge of the Sell side investment banks operations is an advantage but not essential
- Effective presentational and communication skills at all levels (from individual user to executive)
- Client focused with the ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions
Key Competencies for the role
- Knowledge of Custom Baskets an advantage
- Experience with index creation and administration.
- Feature and story writing
- Previous NAV Sign-off/ NAV Oversight/ Fund Accounting/Fund Administration experience
- NAV calculation experience
- Previous experience with an index provider
- Ability to work with complex Excel spread sheets
- Fund Accounting qualification, or Investment Management Certificate (IMC) would be a distinct advantage but not mandatory.
- Corporate actions handling
- Delivers results: Takes ownership for delivery
- Problem Analysis
- Initiating and adapting to change: Process improvements
- Stakeholder/Client Management
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.