Enterprise Technology Services - Technical Specialist
In capital markets, buy-side and sell-side professionals strive to achieve automation across multiple asset classes by building strong and secure connections to Bloomberg. Our Enterprise Technology Services (ETS) team is responsible for ensuring the implementation, stability, and reliability of the connection network which supports virtually all Bloomberg products.
We implement new connections and detect, analyse, and resolve issues impacting applications and connectivity with clients, vendors, exchanges, brokers, and ATS venues. We ensure flawless performance with our Electronic Trading platforms through interaction with Bloomberg Product areas, Network Operations, Engineering, and Bloomberg's clients.
We are results-oriented and set ourselves ambitious business goals. We nurture a culture where you will work with people you trust, respect, and can collaborate with and this is regarded as more important than titles or position. What's the role?
In this role you'll provide application, connectivity and integration support to our rapidly growing client base across both the buy side and the sell side.
You'll be part of a global service team, supporting a large variety of connectivity between Bloomberg and external systems. You will also be handling technical messaging standards which include SWIFT, FIX, XML, MQ and Bloomberg API. You'll provide post trade technical support and integration for Bloomberg's order management systems (AIM and TOMS) and open integrated work flows between Bloomberg and our clients 3rd party systems. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Provide client production support to customers in EMEA for connectivity and technical issues
- Service our client base showing high degrees of integrity and recognise the criticality of our clients businesses and workflows that integrate into Bloomberg L.P.
- Develop an understanding of our people, processes and technology
- Train and educate our customers with our tools and technologies to promote our products and solutions to the consumer
- Show passion and initiative and be ready to seek an ambitious new opportunity
We'd love to see:
- Fluency in French or Spanish in addition to English
- Strong customer service and client facing skills
- Superb communication and a desire to establish rapport with customers
- Ability to handle and deliver customer service to meet high expectations
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills as well as time management and multi-tasking skills
- Experience in technical support, specifically connectivity and network troubleshooting
- Exposure to the financial markets and proven regulatory knowledge
If this sounds like you:
- A Computer Science background
- Order Management/Trading Systems/Trade workflow experience (Buyside or Sellside)
- Understanding of front-office, middle-office and back-office workflow
- Informative grasp of how system integration and technology can improve and build solutions in the Trading Space
- Eagerness to immerse yourself in technology and express a desire to troubleshoot and resolve sophisticated problems
- Exposure to UNIX and WINDOWS operating systems is desirable
- Experience of messaging and connectivity protocols FIX, MQ, SFTP, TCP/IP, XML, SWIFT
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org