The successful candidate will be responsible for the implementation of the IB Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework in the UK business, including monitoring, overseeing, challenging and providing guidance to the first line of defence with regards to its risk governance and management.
A leading brokerage business, capital markets products
- Own the implementation of the Group Enterprise Risk Management Framework and policies across the UK business;
- Perform ongoing oversight and monitoring to ensure compliance of the risk management framework;
- Implement and execute the Risk and Control Self Assessment process for the UK entity;
- Carry out regular Targeted Risk Assessments on key risk areas identified within the business
- Produce regular reporting on key risk metrics for Executive Management and Board;
- Report and monitor the status of all risks against risk appetite limits and escalate any concerns to local management, the Board and the Group Chief Risk Officer as required;
- Help drive the mitigation of key risks by identifying and recommending changes to policies and procedures, control enhancements etc., as needed;
- Work closely with the global Risk teams, to drive the continued development of the risk management framework.
- 6+ years of experience in second line risk management in a Financial Services environment;
- Knowledge of Financial and Non-Financial Risk requirements and industry guidelines for risk management and mitigation within financial services;
- Familiarity with the Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process (ICAAP) including risk assessments and stress testing;
- Detailed knowledge of Operational Risk & Resiliency Frameworks including Risk taxonomies, RCSA processes, Risk Registers and Event analysis;
- Experience in developing, applying and maintaining risk frameworks, policies and guidance;
- The ability to develop and foster strong relationships with relevant business stakeholders;
- Strong communications skills, proven ability to work effectively with and influence the actions of stakeholders at all levels. Credibility to influence Senior Management and wider internal and external stakeholders;
- Self starter, driven and detail oriented; strong interpersonal skills and a team player;
- Ability to work in small teams but deliver big results through partnerships with wider teams;
- Experience working with Regulators on risk related matters is highly preferred;
- Professional or third level qualification ideally in Risk, Compliance, Business or Finance.
competitive package in a growing and high performing business.