Enterprise Risk Management Officer
People join for the impact they can have on us. They stay for the impact we have on them. A flatter structure offers visibility and exposure beyond that of our competitors, so you know our names, and we know yours. It's personable, human, and inspires success through passion. By encouraging open mindedness and a willingness to share ideas, we have adapted to market changes and thrived through innovation. Bringing words like "hard work" and "dedication" together with "community" and "respect" has enabled us to work collaboratively and build our future together. We call this Team Spirit and it's what makes us different. It's what makes you different. Mission Description of the Business Line or Department
SG International Ltd (SGIL) Risk Department is responsible for the development, implementation, maintenance and operational effectiveness of a comprehensive framework for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting SGIL risks. SGIL Risk ensure an independent oversight and challenge of the control framework.
The team can leverage on the SG Group extensive expertise and in particular work very closely with the Group Risk teams located in Paris or closer to the clients when relevant.
SGIL applies a 3 lines of defense risk approach: The Risk Department is part of the second line of defense and ensure that the overall level of risk taken by the firm is consistent with its risk appetite.
The Risk function within SGIL reports directly to the CEO and the Board Risk Committee, as well as functionally to the Group Risk Management. This ensure a complete independence from the commercial activities.
Summary of the key purposes of the role
The SGIL Enterprise Risk Management analyst assist the Head of Enterprise Risk Management to assess, monitor and report the Risks. Summary of responsibilities
SGIL is seeking a professional with strong motivation in Risk Enterprise Management Function, to serve as Risk Enterprise Officer.
The role holder is responsible for ensuring that the monitoring of SGIL risks is effective. The role holder will interact closely with the Risk Division in Paris and with the Front office of the Prime Services. Main Responsibilities
Risk Management Framework
- Ensure that all risks to which the Company is exposed are captured and monitored,
- Ensure that the documentation related to the Risk Management Framework is updated and enhanced on a continuous basis,
- Ensure that the various governing and executing bodies are properly informed of the level of risk s taken by the Company,
Ensure that all relevant Regulatory reporting are performed on time and with the expected level of quality.
- Participate to the Risk appetite review process to ensure that the level of risk SGIL is taking in the execution of it's Business objectives, is in line with the level of risk the Board is comfortable with.
- Oversee the risk limit framework; monitor limits to ensure that these remain consistent with the risk appetite set by the Board
- Participate to enhance the Management Information Pack related to the Risk and the Capital
Level of autonomy and authority
- Participate to the ICAAP (Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process), by defining the Stress Testing Methodology, contributing to the running of these tests and there embedding in the daily run of the company.
Although the Enterprise Risk Analyst will operate under the direct management of the Head of Enterprise Risk Management, a high degree of autonomy is expected. Profile Competencies
- Familiarity with Enterprise Risk control frameworks
- Technical expertise surrounding FCA/PRA regulatory regarding Risk Appetite, ICAAP
- Quantitative educational background (academic and professional)
- Advanced abilities in Excel (VBA), Python, Office etc
- elevant experience leading global change efforts in Enterprise Risk Management or related function (Risk Monitoring, Stress Test...),
- Experience in previous roles; maybe from 1st Line of Defence (Finance, Model Risk...) or 2nd Line of Defence (Risk),
- In relevant industries: Prime Brokerage, Capital markets,
- With past experience in UK Regulatory regime.
- A' level education at a minimum.
- University level would be appreciated.
- Very good command of written and oral English
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, then please apply to the SG Resourcing Team, and we will manage your application. At Societe Generale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, marital or civil partnership status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, pregnancy, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, belief or gender reassignment.