The Portfolio Operations Team (PO) is responsible for providing support for Bloomberg customers who subscribe to our enterprise portfolio risk and analytics product. Bloomberg’s Portfolio and Risk Analytics platform provides customers the ability to analyze multi-asset portfolios, obtain a suite of derived analytics interactively and incorporate batch-style reporting into their daily workflows.
What is the role?
There is an exciting opportunity for a talented professional to join the buy-side operations team.The buy-side specialist is a client facing role, mainly liaising with portfolio managers, risk and performance analysts and back/middle-office professionals. This position demands a quantitative background and strong interpersonal skills.Good knowledge of performance attribution and portfolio risk models is preferred. The daily workload will include answering client inquiries, triaging/troubleshooting issues and engaging appropriate internal teams to ensure client issues related to overnight reporting are guided to full resolution.
We'll Trust You To:
- Develop a deep understanding of our portfolio product offering so that you are able to quickly assess the severity of an operational issue with regards to client impact
- Triage and troubleshoot issues, specifically inbound/outbound reports and daily batch delivery
- Identify systemic issues and escalate appropriately internally
- Communicate effectively and in a timely manner with our clients
- Collaborate extensively with our Portfolio Client Services, Portfolio Sales and Portfolio Engineering teams
- Provide detailed feedback from clients to product managers to better improve our products
- Continually look for ways to improve workflows and partner with our engineering teams to enhance operational tools
You will need to have:
- Strong subject matter expertise in buy-side operations and portfolio manager/analyst workflows
- Excellent communicative skills, both verbal and written
- The ambition to take ownership and responsibility of issues and handle them effectively through to resolution
- The inclination and aptitude to pick up new technologies and procedures
- The ability to effectively communicate technical/complex issues in a simplistic manner to various audiences.
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we’re a good match. We’ll get in touch with you to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.