The Enterprise Data Architect will ensure that the business has focus on and maintains an enterprise data governance framework for data policies, standards, process and practices, to achieve the required level of consistency and quality to meet business needs. . The role will be the custodian of data, setting the vision for use of data and will manage the data catalogue to improve the quality and value of core data assets, respond to regulatory requirements as well as support strategic functional requirements.
- Manage and govern a unified view of data, its data linage and provenance.
- Govern and manage the data catalogue across all data assets. Ensure data is discoverable, well understood, and trusted.
- Drive innovation and growth using data, unlocking data for insightful business decisions.
- Help establish best practice, rules and ownership of taxonomy and ontology
- Build and maintain good working-relationships across Data Stewards to ensure internal stakeholders and leaders are informed and aligned
- Create a Data Governance and Quality function, including processes and tools to achieve data objectives
- Define a proactive approach to the management of data models, definitions, data governance, ethics and data processing rules to provide timely, appropriate, accurate and up-to-date information at the point of need
- Knowledge and awareness of business and technology issues related to the management of enterprise wide data
- Expert level data modelling experience. Including a deep understanding of relational, taxonomical and ontological modelling approaches
- Strong recent experience of developing and managing an enterprise data catalogue
- Proven experience of developing and implementing a Data Governance Framework and a Data Quality Management service
Enterprise Data Architect, London, £80,000 - £100,000