Enterprise Command Centre - Associate
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Jan 18 2018-01-18
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
The Enterprise Command Centre (ECC) is a global team that plays a mission critical role in Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management in a demanding Investment and Retail Bank environment. The regional team in Europe is recruiting for a Major Incident Manager who can coordinate real-time service restoration and drive the resolution of business outages as well as be involved with the delivery of the other ITSM services that the ECC is responsible for. You must be able to accurately communicate the business and technology impact to IT Management, in written and oral formats, while maintaining a strong service delivery. This position requires thinking on ones feet in a pressurised environment, adaptability, organisational awareness, sound judgment, and a strong analytical ability. Prior experience within in a large enterprise is preferred.
• This is a challenging role that provides extensive opportunities for learning new technologies, making new contacts throughout IT globally, influencing the way the IT department operates, and also interface with senior IT Management.
• Incident Management is the key function of the ECC but the team also covers other responsibilities including: Problem Management, Change Management and the planning of major events at the divisional level. The job split is approximately 75% ITIL process based and 25% project delivery.
• You will be responsible for the management of Severe (S1) and Major (S2) impacting incidents, primarily involving large scale infrastructure issues or high risk data or application issues.
• You will undertake post incident reviews, with the focus on identifying process or operational improvements
• Your role will include providing team coverage throughout the business day from 07:30 to 18:00LNT on a 9 hour shift basis.
• You will participate in the team’s weekend on call rota when sufficient team experience has been gained. Note coverage is follow-the-sun which substantially minimises the on call impact.
• You will be responsible for advising and consulting with other IT teams on processes relating to Incident Management, Problem Management and Change Management.
• You should work with IT teams to improve the overall stability of the production environment both regionally and globally (including process and product improvements both inside and outside of the ECC).
• You should assist in driving educational, training and communication programs surrounding the ECC.
• You will be responsible for the execution of major event projects managed by the ECC such as data centre and/or major people centre power downs and large-scale enterprise changes or external events.
• You should coordination with the global ECC and Business Continuity Process/Disaster Recovery team on any testing that is part of an ECC-managed event.
• ITIL V3 Foundation Certificate in IT Service Management.
• The ability to communicate confidently and clearly on conference calls, in meetings, via email, etc. at all levels of the organisation is essential.
• Strong organisational skills the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Proven troubleshooting skills within a support environment including a strong sense of commitment and drive towards incident resolution.
• An understanding and experience of the technology used in Investment Banking is required (i.e. one or more of: Unix / Linux, Windows, storage, networking, databases, IT security, market data, web / intranet infrastructure, messaging, mainframe or sales and trading application support).
• An understanding and experience of data center infrastructure: power / cooling / cabling / racking would be advantageous.
• Crisis management skills:
o Ability to facilitate conversations with large groups of remote people.
o Able to set priorities, pursue multiple threads at the same time, accurately reflect current state and drive towards desired state.
o Ability to maintain calm during stressful situations.
o Ability to translate technical incidents into business terms.
o Aptitude for, and interest in, learning new technologies.
o Client focus and ownership - displays initiative and a proactive approach to work.
The salary of this role is competitive.
The closing date for applications is 06/02/2018
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.